Question 1. What Is Business Object?
- A Business Object is an entity inside a business layer in n-tier architecture of OOP.
- A BO holds a group of instance variables of a class, known as attributes and associations with other business objects.
- BO maps objects representing business relationships.
- BO treats state and behavior as different components as they communicate across various layers in multi-layered architecture.
- A “Principal” can be a BO where its attributes like Id, Name, and Area could hold 1-Many association with his sub-ordinates.
- A domain BO that does not have behavior is referred as Anemic Domain Model.
Question 2. What Is Bo Main Key?
BO Main key contains address of the repository of the domain.
Question 3. What Is A Domain And What Are They?
Logical grouping of system tables is known as Domain.
A basic BO setup contain 3 basic domains, namely Secure, Universe, Document domains.
- Security Domain: User names and passwords are available in security domain.
- Universal Domain: It contains the Universe Information in which the universes are exported by users to the repository.
- Document domain: It contains the documents that are shared by various users.
Question 4. What Are Linked Universes?
Linked Universes are used to link data provided from two different data providers.
Question 5. What Are Alerter, Filter, Breaks And Conditions?
- Alters are used to pay attention to a data block.
- Filters are used to obtain only required data.
- Breaks are grouping data without changing the format of the data.
- Condition is utilized to retrieve data that meet some criteria.
Question 6. What Is The Drill Up, Drill Down, Drill By, Drill Through?
Selection of one hierarchy to another hierarchy is known as drilling.
Drill Up: One level towards up is known as Drill UP.
Drill Down: One level towards down is known as Drill Down.
Drill By: Selection of one level directly is known as Drill By.
Drill Through: Drilling of data from one hierarchy to another hierarchy is known as Drill Through.
Question 7. How To Analyze The Database To Improve The Performance Of Reports?
- Execute the SQL from SQL Navigator (A reporting tool) / Toad after passing all the required parameters.
- Identify the performance of SQL, whether it takes less time or more time than the report. If the time is less than the report time then the problem is with the Universe. Otherwise the problem is with the report.
- Execute an ‘explain plan’ on the SQL.
- Verify if indexes are built and used. Verify if aggregate tables can be utilized.
- Use materialized views which enable the pre-execution of complex joins and stores the data.
- Outer joins need to be checked properly.
- Remove unnecessary outer joins.
- Delete unnecessary or additional filters on the report.
Question 8. Explain About Sql Queries Execution That Is Activated By Data Provider In Bo?
- SQL queries are automatically generated at the time of objects are selected .
- Upon running, the query is processed pertaining to a database.
Ex: Local Machine Full Client runs query directly.
- It connects to the appropriate database with the support of a middleware.
- The web server will process the query, when the query is run using Webi browser.
Question 9. What Is The Difference Between Following?
- Filters and Condition
- Formula and Variable
Filters and Condition:
- Filters are designed at Universe Level .
- Conditions are defined at Report Level.
Formula and Variable:
- A named formula is referred to as variable.
- Conversion of formula into variables is needed when they are used for more than once in a report.
Question 10. How Data Is Restricted Based On User Profiles?
Data is restricted by implementing Row Level Security in Supervisor.
Question 11. What Are The Functions Business Object Designer?
- One of the Business Object Components to create Universes.
- BO Designer is used for defining measures / metrics.
- Semantic layer between database and business is established by BO Designer.
- Semantic layers allow working on reports.
- Data cubes can be created by hiding the complexity of the Database.
- Provides OLAP analysis with reporting.
Question 12. What Is Called Strategy?
- A simple script to extract structural information from a database.
- A BO Designer provides strategies.
- The strategies will.
- Extracts join.
- Detects cardinalities.
- Creates default classes and objects.
- Default strategies can be indicated by selecting certain options located in the ‘Database’ tab of the Options Dialog Box.
Question 13. What Are The Steps To Be Taken Care To Improve The Report Performance?
The report performance can be improved by the following steps:
At Designer Level:
- Remove unnecessary joins.
- Utilize condition as necessary as possible, at the database level.
- Supply the SQL query in the Query Panel as per the requirement.
At Reporter Level:
- Eliminate the filters as many as possible.
- Reduce the user variables.
Question 14. What Are The Requirements Of Universe?
The below mentioned are requirements of Universe:
- Manually selected Database Connections.
- Classes and Objects to map the data from tables and columns.
- Joins – newly created / extracted automatically.
- Setting Cardinalities.
- Control – for limiting the size of rows and execution time.
- SQL Queries.
- Parameters for Joins, clauses like where, group by.
Question 15. How To Optimize The Design Of Universe?
- The connection parameters should be set based on the underlying database.
- Use joins in the Universe structure.
- Use less SQL functions.
- Obtain most of the parameters / attributes from the database itself or from ETL.
- Remove unnecessary objects from Universe before moving to production.
- Ensure LAWs are ticked only for the objects that may be used for reports.
- Ensure the Data prompts are properly defined.
Question 16. What Are The Bo Security Levels? Compare For Cognos Report Net And Crystal Reports?
- Windows Authentication.
- Securities of RDBMS.
- Security at Supervisor level by using Username and Password.
Compare for Cognos Report net and Crystal reports:
- Crystal Report is for low and mid range analysis.
- Report net is for high end analysis.
- Signing through web and creating custom report through web is possible in Report net.
Question 17. How To Connect One To One Report?
The Open Document function is used to connect one to one report.
The function can be used in various methods.
In ASP environment:
- Universe Level: Create an object using Object Format by enabling HTML option
- Report Level: Use Hyperlink function Hyperlink (“Server: PortNo/wiasp/scripts……….” , “Text Link”)
In JSP Environment:
Replace opendocument.asp with opendocument.jsp.
Question 18. Describe The Functional Differences And Architectural Differences Between Bo And Wi Reports?
- Every PC should be installed with BO client to build or access the reports.
- Every PC should have BOMAIN.Key file that uses the BO Client.
- BO Client machine invokes the BOMAIN.Key file from its local disk drive.
- It sends the information to BO Server’s BOMAIN.Key, validates it.
- Checks the key in the repository.
- Followed by repository validation, user can access the BO services.
- Users log into Webi through Info View.
- Web Server’s BOMAIN.Key is checked for privileges of the logged in user.
- It sends the information to the BO Server’s BOMAIN.Key.
- Then the information is validated and forwards to Repository.
- If valid, then provides the access to the Universe and underlying database.
Question 19. Explain The Process Of Creating Context?
Contexts avoid loops in Universe Design:
- Select Tools
- Detect Loops.
- Select the suggested context candidate.
- Click on Context.
- The Context maps all the joins needed
- Places the selected joins in a Named Context.
Context avoids the conflicts in finding paths.
Question 20. What Are Aggregate Awareness And Index Awareness? Where Are They Used And How Can Be Used?
- Information is persisted in database as a summary form.
- The data warehouse stores the quantity of data each hour / day / week.
Aggregations are used
- To save the space of storage media.
- To improve the performance of BI tool – Queries takes less time to process, thus users obtain the information quickly.
- The ability to take the advantage of the indexes of key columns for quick data retrieval.
- Set up the Index awareness in BO Designer by specifying the database primary and foreign key columns.
- SQL is generated by the BO Designer, for filtering the most efficient way, by using Index Awareness.
Question 21. Explain About Locking Universe?
- When a Universe is imported, the Universe needs to be locked
- Upon clicking on File Import option, select the Universe to import.
- Once the Universe is double clicked, a lock symbol appears
- Then only the Universe can be imported.
- While the lock is in position, no one can modify the universe.
Question 22. What Are Box Ir Tools?
Business Objects Designer: Supports to create Universes.
Desktop Intelligence: Allows analyzing data, creating reports, and performing queries to fetch data. Publishing Wizard: Allows adding new documents to BOXIR2 Enterprise.
Business view manager: Tool to build Business views such as reports.
SDKs: Used for integrating BO products into other applications.
Question 23. Mention Certain Best Practices For Report Design?
- Make sure that the report tab names are self explanatory.
- For complex reports, specify an overview report tab stating the explanation of the report.
- Every data provider name should reflect the usage of data
- Choose objects in order to show SQL in a hierarchical order of tables.
- Use report templates when more reports need to use with similar structures.
- All reports should have page layouts.
- All reports should have page numbers in the footer part of the report.
- All reports should have Last Refresh Timestamp either in the header or in the footer.
RDBMS Interview Questions
SAP BI Tutorial
SAP BI Interview Questions
SAP BO Tutorial
SAP BO Interview Questions
SAP BW Interview Questions
SAP BW Tutorial
SAP Crystal Reports Interview Questions
RDBMS Interview Questions
SAP Crystal Reports Tutorial
Business Objects Web Intelligence XI 3 Interview Questions
SAP Webi Tutorial
Business Objects-Crystal Reports Interview Questions
SAP BI Interview Questions
SAP BW on HANA Tutorial
SAP Webi Interview Questions
Business intelligence Interview Questions