Question 1. When And Where This Bank Originated?
As the name itself suggest that this bank is related to Tamilnadu, but originally at the time of establishment it was called Nadar Bank Ltd. In 1920 Nadar business community in tuticorin, thought of establishing this bank. Proposal came into effect on May 11, 1921. The Bank was registered as “The Nadal Bank Ltd.”. Shri T.V. Balaguruswamy opened this bank. On November 11, 1921, bank was opened for public.
Later on it was registered as Tamlinad Mercantile Bank Ltd. This bank is known for its personalized service. Now this bank has 379 branches all over India.
Question 2. Where Can I Apply For Tmb Entrance Exam?
You can apply online on the website www.tmb.in. You can register yourself through E-application.
Question 3. How To Get Registered Through E-application?
You have to follow the following steps for e-application:
- You have to visit ePortal site [http://career.tmb.in ].
- There is a registered user login page where you have to login your user id and user password.
- Check your resume properly.
- Then select “Click Here for More Detail” for the job you want to apply.
- If you are registered then only you will see the option “Click Here to Apply for this Job Posting Now” at the bottom of the page.
- Once you submit your details, server will generate e-application (PDF File).
- Take print out of this PDF File and submit it with all the supporting documents.
Question 4. How Do I Submit E-application?
Follow the following procedure to submit the e-application:
- Take a laser print out of e-application on A4 size sheet. Print two copies, one for sending and other for your reference.
- You can take print out of application from your email address also. Form can be sent to your mail address with registration number by clicking on appropriate button immediately after completion of e-application Registration Process.
- Always mention your “Application Serial Number” on all the documents enclosed by you.
- Take photocopies of all your documents and send with original e-application form. Xerox should be taken on A4 size sheet only. If document is larger in size then also reduce it to A4size in photocopying.
- One color photograph of (Size: 2″ x 2″ ONLY) is needed to stick on form. Use glue only for sticking.
- Arrange all the documents as per the list given in application form. While arranging tick mark all the documents in application form also.
- Don’t forget to sign the application.
- Enclose the application form in the cover with demand draft/pay order (if payable as detailed in the job description page for the job you are applying) should be super scribed as “Application for Recruitment of (name of the job)”.
- Your application should reach within five days from the date of online e-application filing but not later than.
Question 5. In Case If Someone Forgets His Id And Password, What To Do?
If somebody forgot his/her password then you can use the Forgot Password link. And if somebody has forgotten user ID then check your emails, when you registered, we sent a welcome email to you containing your user id.
Question 6. If There Is Some Mistake In My Resume, How Can I Rectify It?
Once you update your resume then server don’t allow you to correct it for period of 30 days. If you want to correct it then you can send a mail at email@example.com. Avoid making any manual correction in the e-application form.
Question 7. What Should I Do If I Do Not Have All The Documents?
You must try to attach all required documents but at least very essential to select your resume for further processing. Some documents like reference letter can be presented later in original if not available at that time. Essential are your mark sheets, age proof, various certificates etc.
Question 8. What Is The Educational Qualification Required For Marketing Officer And Asst. Manager Posts?
Candidates Minimum Educational Qualification must be Post Graduate in Commerce/ Business Administration/ Mathematics or Equivalent from a recognized College/University/Institute.
Question 9. What Is The Education Qualification Required For Po Exam?
For TMB exam, graduation with minimum 55% marks is required or post graduate from a recognized university in regular college course with knowledge in computer.
If you are engineering graduate then 60% marks from recognized university in regular course with computer knowledge is required.
Note: Graduation done from Open University and correspondence are not eligible.
Question 10. What Is The Age Limit For The Clerk Recruitment In Tmb?
Depending on your qualification age limit is as follows:
- Graduate – maximum 24 years
- Post graduate – maximum 26 years
- Relaxation for MBC/BC -2 years
- Relaxation for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped – 5 years
Question 11. What Procedure Is Followed For Selection Of Po And Clerk?
First step of selection starts from ONLINE objective Type Examination. Every detail like Date, Time, Venue of the test will be communicated through email/post. On the basis of ONLINE test candidates will be shortlisted for interview in the order of merit.
Question 12. How Is The Growth Of The Bank Since It Opened?
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank is putting lot of efforts to extend banking services to the common people of rural areas. Growth of deposit has increased since 1921. It had a deposit base of Rs. 21,010.00 in the year 1921 increased it to Rs. 27 Lakhs during 1946 and to Rs. 182 Lakhs during 1971. Deposit level of the bank as on Mar 31, 2011 is Rs. 13,809 Crores, which pronounces the confidence of the public reposed on the bank.
- TMB earns high level of profit which enable it to sustain the high level of reserve base. The Profitability trend continues till date.
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd., is one of the very few banks having very high reserve base and its earnings per share remains the highest.
Question 13. Is There Any Training Or Probation Period After Being Selected?
Yes, there is a probation period of one year. During the probation period the selected candidate will have fixed a pay scale with applicable DA. Posting can be given anywhere in India.
Question 14. Is Tmb Bank Keeping Up With The Technology Upgradation In Recent Times?
TMB has already implemented technologies like internet banking, mobile banking. It is looking forward for Total Branch Automation with a centralized Data-Base System. It is the first bank to issue computerized drafts to its customers. There are plans to implement cyber banking so that customers can have access to their account from their business spot. Infosys India Ltd. is partner in decentralizing the bank.
Modern Banking Interview Questions
The Mystery of Banking Tutorial
Banking Interview Questions
Modern Banking Tutorial
Mortgage bank Interview Questions
Bank Clerk Interview Questions
Banking Operations Interview Questions
Modern Banking Interview Questions