Question 1. What To Do With The Issues That May Pop Up At The Time Of Usb Device Installation?
You might face the problem of USB device installation in Windows, because of several devices, such as scanners, printers, modems, wireless adapters etc. there must be device driver software installed in the computer otherwise you will not be able to use it. You should always install the driver software before connecting the device with the computer but if you have accidently connected the USB device .
follow these steps to get rid of problems:
- Right-click on ‘my computer’ icon
- Go to ‘properties’ and then you’ll see ‘Device Manager’, click on it.
- Search the device which you have accidently connected to your computer, such as a wireless adapter, it will be under the ‘Network Adapters’.
- Right-click on the name of that device and perform the uninstalling process to remove the device.
- Now disconnect the device from the computer and install the driver software that will be provided with the device as a CD.
Question 2. In What Way You Can Increase The Game Performance In Your Windows Operating System?
If you are thinking that your computer or Windows is responsible for the poor quality of game then you might be wrong. Your computer has fixed hardware configuration and if the minimum requirements for the particular game is not met then game quality will be surely poor and in some cases you will not be able to open or install it. If you are trying to play recent games then you will face problems in case your computer is older than 2 years, because the recent games are designed according to the new hardware configuration of the computer. You will need sometimes to decrease the game graphics so that it can fit the hardware capacity of the computer.
Question 3. What Can You Do If Your Windows Stops Responding?
You should try to know the exact moment when your computer just stops responding, such as: if it happens often while your computer is at hard work (like at the time of playing games) then you should check the issues related to heat. The intake fan of your computer might have failed, or perhaps the vent might have been blocked. Also ensure that the heat sink of CPU is making good contact with the processor’s top part and you must also ensure that the fan of the CPU is clean. In case the problem happens randomly then scan your computer because there might be a virus behind all these problems. You should also check the driver software if they are up to date or not. If again the problem is still there then check the hardware, RAM of your computer or power supply might have problem.
Question 4. How Can You Raise The General Performance Of Your Windows Operating System?
In case your computer’s general performance is slow then maybe the basic maintenance can resolve this issue easily. First of all you should uninstall all the unnecessary programs which you don’t use any longer. Start the defragment process to all your disk drives regularly. Some programs like ‘helper’ are mainly used to launch the application quickly. Those are associated with this program and this ‘helper’ program runs in the background when you start the Windows. But if you don’t use those programs which are associated with the ‘helper’ program then it is necessary to uninstall it because it can ‘help’ in slowing down your computer. If you use only few and necessary programs then your computer will be with good performance, therefore, you should remove all the unused programs.
Question 5. Sometimes, The Web Browser Stops Responding Or Becomes Slow And Will Show You The Message That The Web Browser Was Crashed. What Can Be The Risks?
Browser crash, slowness, and pop-up advertisements are the most common troubles faced while surfing the internet. There should be always a good performing anti-virus program in your computer if you face any of those troubles. Malware or virus infection can be the cause of those problems. It is extremely important to remove any malware as soon as possible. Those malwares are sometimes programmed to monitor the keystrokes and while browsing the internet your computer’s internal data or information can be stolen by the hackers. You will experience slow browsing while malware attacks your computer.
Question 6. What Are The Ways To Defragment The Drives Of Your Computer In The Windows Xp?
You can defragment the disk drives by some methods below:
- Defragmentation by the use of Local Disk’s properties.
- Open ‘My Computer’ from the start menu or from the desktop.
- 3) Right-click on the disk drive to which you want to run the defragmentation and click the properties of that drive.Then a new page will open, click on the ‘Tools’. You will see defragment option on that page.
- Click on the ‘Defragment Now’. And the process can be run.
- Defragmentation by the use of Computer Management MMC
- Open the ‘Run’ program and type ‘compmgmt.msc’ and hit enter, then computer management will be there.
- Click on the ‘Disk Defragmenter’.
- Click on the volume to which you want run the defragmentation process, after selecting click the ‘Defragment’.
- Defragmentation by the use of Defragmenter MMC
- Start the ‘Disk Defragmenter MMC’ (Dfrg.msc).
- Select the drive to which you want to run the defragmentation and then click on ‘Defragment’.
Disk Defragmenter MMC version included in the Windows XP comes with some limitations:
- You will be able to defragment only the local disk drive volumes.
- You will not be able to defragment more than one disk drive volume at a time.
- You will not be able to defragment one disk drive volume when scanning another.
- You will not be able to make a schedule defragmentation. In case you need to make a schedule disk defragmentation then use ‘Defrag.exe’ command line tool. This is able to process only one MMC snap-in at a time.
- Other products that are discussed in this article are of third-party and those are independent companies and it is not connected with Microsoft. Microsoft will not be responsible about the reliability or performance and there is no warranty made by Microsoft about the usage of those products.
Question 7. What To Do If There Are Problems After The Installation Of New Software?
Right after the installation of any driver, utility or some other software programs you will be facing lots of issues and those problems may be caused by some reasons as below:
- Confliction with the other programs installed in your computer.
- Issues with the program.
- Improper or incomplete installation of the program.
Below are some solutions of these problems:
- Reinstalling or removing the program
- If you are having problems in operating the computer or some other programs after the installation of any new software then uninstall the software and note if the problem is still there. After this, start the installation process again and install the program. Sometimes Windows says to restart before using the new software installed and if you’re still opening the new program then you may face the problem, therefore, you should restart the computer before using that software.
- You should check for the update version of the program that you are going to install in your computer. If you are going to install the driver software for printer or scanner or any hardware device then it is necessary to install the updated version of the driver software for the good and quick performance.
Question 8. Your Computer’s Programs Stop Responding, What Can Be The Reasons?
Your computer’s operating system, driver software or some other programs may stop responding while using them or they can make other programs to stop running and there may be several reasons, like: lack of proper system resources, confliction between two software or hardware resources, bug in the driver software.
If you are having the not responding problem then following solution will be helpful:
- Generally, while any of the programs has stopped responding then ‘Task Manager’ can be opened in order to close the program. Press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ on your computer’s keyboard to open the ‘Task Manager’ and select the program which has stopped responding. After that click on ‘End Task’, and then the program will be ended. Sometimes another window opens with the option ‘End Now’, if it shows up then you should click on ‘End Now’.
- You will not be able to recover the unsaved work while running this process and unfortunately, there isn’t any option either.
- If you are continuously having this problem of stop responding then it is recommended to run the troubleshooting program and that may be very helpful.
Question 9. In Order To Inspect Your Computer’s Internet Connection That Has Windows Xp, You Start A Command. What Happens Next?
DNS cache can be the causative factor of the temporary DNS problems which is maintained by Windows XP for performance reasons. In case you are having problem in reaching even a single site then you should use the ‘ipconfig’ command in order to delete the DNS cache by the ‘flushdns’ switch.
Question 10. What To Do If There Is An Unreadable Language On The Logon Screen That Will Probably Not Accept Your Username And Password? Is There Any Bypass Or Just A Removing Technique?
If you are having the above problem, then follow the steps below:
- Start the system and press ‘F8’ key at the time of Windows starting up. After this select ‘Safe Mode’ in the command prompt and just enter. Select ‘Administrator’ if you do not set any password then the default password may be blank. Then you will be entering into the doc command simply as follow:
- Type there ‘net user net user xxx 123456 /add’ (xxx will be the locked account’s name and the numbers 123456 will be the new password for the new account). After all this you will see the command finished successfully.
Please note that the above tips will be helpful if the Administration’s password is not set.
But if the password has already been set then you should follow the steps below:
- First of all burning process must be done to a USB flash drive in order of removing the forgotten or lost password of your Windows operating system.
- Prepare to boot your computer using a USB flash drive.
- Then recover the forgotten or lost password of your Windows using the USB flash drive that you burned initially.
- For the detail, it is possible to search for the ‘Windows Password Recovery Enhance’ .
Question 11. What Could Be The Cause Of Disappearance Of The Quick Launch Buttons That Seemed To Be Previously In The Taskbar?
- For the solution to this problem follow the guidelines:
- Right-click on the ‘Start’ button and then select the ‘Properties’.
- Click on the ‘Taskbar’ tab that is on the top of the window.
- If the ‘Show Quick Launch’ box is ticked then unmark it and click on ‘Apply’.
- Now mark the box and click ‘Apply’ again.
- After that quick launch will be there when the computer is rebooted and it will not disappear.
Question 12. How Can You Fix The Problem If There Is A Message Saying “the Windows Logon Ui Encountered A Problem And Needed To Close.” And If The System Restoring Won’t Work?
It is not normally an error message of the legitimate Microsoft Windows. It might be more likely the infection of spywares or viruses that attack the system. When you are having this problem then you should try booting your computer in the ‘Windows Safe Mode’ (press ‘F8’ while starting the Windows). It is also recommended to scan your computer’s Windows for the malwares and viruses in order to remove those infectious programs. Anti-Malware can be helpful in this situation.
Question 13. What To Do If You Accidently Deleted The Utilities/accessories From The Add/remove Window Of Your Operating System?
If you have deleted any program then you will need to do the system restoration that will restore the programs to the state like it was before. Click on the ‘Start’ and then go to the ‘Help and Support Center’, there you will see an option of ‘System Restore’. Now you will be able to perform the system restoration in order to recover the removed program.
Question 14. Is It Good Or Not If You Leave The Swap File 1 Size In Windows Xp Home And Vista Home Premium?
It is good to let the Windows manage all the files by itself. This is the best idea.
Question 15. How Can You Know That Your Windows Xp Is A 32-bit Or It Is A 64-bit?
In order to know this, do a right-click on the ‘My Computer’ icon and select the ‘Properties’ option from the list. After that, go to the ‘General’ tab and you will see the details of your computer’s operating system. If your computer has a 64-bit of Windows XP then there will be written but if there is not anything about the 64-bit then it is 32-bit edition.
Question 16. What To Do If Your Computer’s Windows Xp Professional Edition Cannot Find The Modem And You Are Also Unable To Locate Or Find The Par Ports Or Serial Port?
It is kind of a weird thing that Windows XP is not auto-detecting the serial and parallel ports. You should check the bios for making sure that they are actually at the enabled state and already have resources assigned. In the case of a modem you are going to need driver software for it, therefore, look for the driver software and specify one for it. Device manager is the place from where you can access and find out the driver’s enabled or disabled state or any missing things.
Question 17. You Are Having The Problem Of Not Being Able To Uninstall A Program Because The Uninstall Log Is Not There, What Can Be Done In This Situation If The Operating System Of Your Computer Is Windows Xp?
There are several solutions for this problem. You can remove or delete the registry keys associated with it and this is the most and best direct approach.
- HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Uninstall/
- Or there are some programs which are designed to uninstall the programs such ‘Total Uninstall’ is a good uninstaller.
- Or you could run a maintenance utility for example CCLEANER.
Question 18. What Are The Ways To Fix The Blue Screen Errors Of Your Computer’s Windows?
Prior to fixing the blue screen errors or screen of death (BSoD) errors of your Windows operating system, it is necessary to recognize the error clearly. You will come across several blue screen errors.
Note: In case you are facing the blue screen display and after that the computer reboots immediately without letting you read the text on the blue screen then follow the steps below. In case you are not getting the chance to perform the step by step action in Windows then you should boot your computer in the ‘Safe Mode’.
- Right-click on the ‘My Computer’ icon and then select the ‘Properties’ option from the list.
- Click on the ‘Advanced Tab’ on the system properties window.
- Now click on the ‘Setting Button that is under the Startup and Recovery.
BLACKBERRY Interview Questions
Mac OS X TroubleShooting Interview Questions
Citrix Interview Questions
Windows Server 2008 R2 Desktop Virtualization Interview Questions
Linux Device Drivers Interview Questions
BLACKBERRY Interview Questions
Network Troubleshooting Interview Questions
Windows Server Support Interview Questions
Mac OS X TroubleShooting Interview Questions