Question 1. What Are The Problems Faced While Uploading The Cgi Scripts?
- CGI scripts allow the communication to be done between the client and the server side and it acts as a gateway between them.
- CGI scripts don’t work due to uploading of it in a BINARY mode as this is not the format in which the scripts are uploaded.
- ASCII mode is used to upload the CGI scripts rather than BINARY mode as this is the default format that is being used for this purpose only.
- The file should have the permission on the scripts that hasn’t been set and the permissions should be changed to make the CGI programs readable on the server and client.
- FTP also should have the proper permissions by using the CHMOD that allows the file to be uploaded on the server.
Question 2. What Is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the act of renting space and bandwidth through a company so that you may publish your web site online.
Question 3. Where Is The Dedicated Hosting Service Used?
- Dedicated hosting services allow the users to have their own space or their own web server.
- It can be handled by the user having the full control over the operating system and the resources it uses.
- It doesn’t allow the user to own the server but it is just another type of self managed or unmanaged server.
- Dedicated servers are less costly and they allow better services than the shared ones due to the reliability.
- Dedicated servers require lots of responsibility and maintenance to manage the resources and to provide the services.
- It provides higher security as it is better than the other servers like shared servers that compromise on security as it is shared between many.
Question 4. What Is Webhost Manager (whm)?
WebHost Manager (WHM) is a web-based tool used by server administrators and resellers to manage hosting accounts on a web server. WHM listens on ports 2086 and 2087 by default.
Question 5. What Are The Ways Through Which The Files Can Be Transferred To Server?
- Files can be transferred to the server by using the FTP protocol also known as File Transfer Protocol.
- FTP is used as a standard network protocol that transfers the file from one computer to another computer using the TCP protocol network.
- This uploads the pages and other documents that are stored in private disk to the public web hosting server.
- FTP is used on a client server architecture that allows different controls and data connections between the client and the server.
- FTP uses clear-text sign in protocol that allows the client to use the user name and password for authentication purpose.
Question 6. What Is A Domain Name?
A domain name is a word along with a TLD that uniquely identifies your website.
Question 7. What Is The Formula Used To Determine Reliability And Uptime In Web Hosting?
- The availability of the website shows the reliability of the website and it is measured by the usability and accessibility of the user in a year.
- This measures the availability that tells about the reachable sources to the website in a given period of time.
- The availability can be measured by using the following formula:
- Total time = 365 days per year * 24 hours per day * 60 minutes per hour = 525,600 minutes per year
- Uptime is a method that is used to refer to a system that is already having online presence and there is some event occurring on the network.
- The event doesn’t take the network into the account and it just sees that how long the system is up and running and serving the purpose.
Question 8. What Is Cpanel?
cPanel is a Unix based web hosting control panel that provides a graphical interface and automation tools designed to simplify the process of hosting a web site. cPanel utilizes a 3 tier structure that provides functionality for administrators, resellers, and end-user website owners to control the various aspects of website and server administration through a standard web browser.
Question 9. What Is The Purpose Of Shared Hosting?
- Shared hosting is used where there are other users sharing their resources and the services between each other.
- This is also known as virtual hosting as it provides the services to host the files on the web.
- This provides web hosting services that consist of the websites residing on the web server and connected using the Internet.
- The site is used to be separated from each other on the server and used to have their own partitions or sections for use.
- This hosting is most suitable for the startups as it have the cost of the server maintenance low.
Question 10. What Are The Steps Involved In Uploading The Files Using Ftp Client Software?
- FTP is used to upload the files on the server from the client side where it is installed on the computer of clients.
- FTP client is checked for the installation of the software and according to that the appropriate directory is uploaded on the hosting server.
- The hosting server uploads the files that is being created by the user and set the permissions for it so that public can access it.
- Web hosting uses different directories like HTML that is used as var/www/html that is determined using the FTP client.
- Initial local directory is being set up using FTP client and it is where the website gets stored.
- The transfer mode is being determined for the files that need to be transferred either in ASCII or BINARY mode.
Question 11. How Do I Track How Many Hits My Website Gets?
There are a few things that need to be cleared in terms of terminology: * Hits – this simply refers to the number of ‘elements’ loaded on your site. If one page has five images in it, viewing that page once adds 6 hits (one page + five images). * Impressions – the number of times all the pages on your site are seen (also simply called pageviews). Impressions are sometimes referred to as ‘hits’ which can cause confusion * Uniques – the number of people that visited your site
Question 12. What Are The Ways In Which Server Hosting Can Be Accomplished?
- Server hosting is also known as virtual hosting services that provides many web servers to host their individual sites.
- Server hosting can be achieved by using either the IP based hosting or the name based hosting.
- Server hosting is essential to put the files for the hosting and the easily access it from the browser.
- Server hosting uses many tools to manage the files and its permissions so that it can be easier for the users to handle it.
- It provides many ways to accomplish the tasks and it uses other hosting servers to share the resources and services.
Question 13. What Is Uptime?
Uptime is the percentage of time that a web site is working. For example, if some host has an uptime average of 99.86%, this means that your site will be down for a total about 1 hour each month. We monitor uptime of customer websites of many web hosts and we display this data on the host’s details page. Some hosts also offer “uptime guarantees” but this is not as valuable as it might appear
Question 14. What Are The Features Provided In Web Hosting?
- Web hosting provides either the single page hosting or there are other hosting methods that can be used for the premium sites.
- The web hosting provides database support and provides the use of the on-growing language.
- It provides the platform for application development that can use the languages from PHP to Ruby, etc.
- The web hosting platform allows the users to write and install the scripts that can allow them to use a particular feature of that platform.
- Layers such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) or TLS (Transport layer security) used to provide more options of security for the websites.
Question 15. What Is The Difference Between Unix Hosting And Windows Hosting?
If you need to support Microsoft products such as ASP, MS Access, or VBScript, then Windows hosting would be better. Furthermore, if you are comfortable with IIS and do not have the time to understand how UNIX works, Windows hosting would again be a better choice.
Question 16. What Is The Use Of Ip Based Hosting?
- The web hosting on the server can be accomplished by using the IP based hosting that provides resources and services as follows:
- IP based hosting provides dedicated IPs that consists of virtual hosts and having the different IP address.
- Web server is configured with different and multiple physical network interfaces using the same physical interface.
- Web server uses this IP address to connect the client with the server to determine the web site that provides the client a view of it.
- IP addresses provide the resources that are required in order to use the SSL certificates and other resources rather than shared certificate.
Question 17. What Is Full-service Web Hosting?
“Full-service” can refer to a variety of services offered in addition to providing web space, transfer, and emails for a web site. For example, it could be 24/7 toll free phone support, web design services, or web site content maintenance services.
Question 18. What Is The Scope Of Web Hosting Services?
- Web hosting scope is higher due to the increase of the traffic when the web page of the web site is accessed.
- The files are uploaded using the FTP (File Transfer Protocol) using the web hosting and its services.
- Web interface is being used for the deployment of the website using the web hosting services and techniques.
- ISPs (Internet service providers) provide the services to the clients that are from the organizations or on the individual basis and provide the hosting solutions.
- Web hosting services provide personal website hosting free to deploy and use. It also allows the accessing to be performed of the websites that is having the higher expense.
Question 19. Can I Run My Own Software On My Site?
This depends on a web host and a plan. Most plans will allow running scripts in languages such as Perl or PHP. Some plans will also allow you to compile program in C/C++ and run them. Some Unix plans will also allow you to run “cron” which enables you to automatically execute programs or scripts at a specific time and date. However to get a full control over all aspects of your server, you will need a dedicated or co-located server instead of a shared plan.
Question 20. What Is The Use Of Name Based Hosting?
- Name based is the virtual hosting that allows the virtual hosts to serve multiple hostnames that runs on single machine and having only one IP address.
- This is used when the web browser is used to request the resource from the server then the server respond using the hostname.
- Web server uses HTTP protocol to respond to the requested hostname as the part of the request.
- The server contains all the information of the website and the user that requests for the resources given.
- Name based web hosting includes the resources and services that need to be given at the time of client’s request.
Question 21. What Is Domain Parking?
Domain parking lets you cheaply reserve a domain name for future use and display an “under construction” default page on it. You can register a domain and not park it anywhere but then your site will simply be inaccessible until you get a web host. Some registrar let you park your domain for free.
Question 22. What Is The Use Of Providing Web Hosting Services?
- Web hosting services provide internet hosting and its services that provide organization to build the websites.
- The web hosting services also allow the individuals to access the websites through the World Wide Web.
- Web hosting provides the space to put their content and allow the clients to provide the Internet connectivity.
- It provides the data center that allows the use of higher space and connectivity properties for the Internet users.
- It provides tools to allow the website to run on the servers and easily accessible from the outside world using the browser.
Question 23. What Needs To Be Sort Out For A Website That Needs To Be Uploaded On The Hosting Platform?
- The website need to be analyzed and monitored according to the web hosting requirements and then only the content of the website need to be uploaded.
- The website to be checked for the catalogue that can be static or graphical in nature as it consists of pictures, audio and video.
- The website content need to be checked as whether it is text or graphics based to see the space being used by the platform.
- The amount of disk space is to be checked so that the content can be hosted on the website.
- The services need to be found out before taking the web hosting platform as it should meet the requirement for the user taking up the hosting plan.
Question 24. How Does Traffic Measured In Hosting Platform?
- The traffic can be measured using the size of the files that are transferred from one place to another (server-client).
- It can also be measured by the size of the file that is being requested by the client from the server.
- The number of visitors arriving on the website also involve in the measurement of the traffic using the web hosting platform.
- The advertisements of the sites take more bandwidth to allow more number of users to be on the website.
- More number of users provides higher traffic on the website thus it requires more bandwidth on the web hosting sites.
Question 25. How Many Emails Accounts Those Need To Be Taken In Web Hosting Plan?
- The web hosting plan uses fixed number of POP3 email accounts that can be used to transfer the information one place to another.
- More email accounts are required if the size of the company is huge and need to circulate the information in a very big way.
- The email accounts are used for promotions and other higher end packages that allow more details that can be put upon.
- The packages involve setting up the server according to the requirements taken and the services that is being offered.
- The packages provide a fixed plan that allows taking email accounts according to the mentioned criteria.
Question 26. Why Is Cloud Hosting Important In The New Generation?
- Cloud hosting provides services that are unmatched by any other server that is existing as it provides powerful utilization of resources.
- It provides scalability, flexibility and reliability of the resources and the hosting based servers.
- It provides load balanced servers that can be used to balance the traffic that becomes heavy on the website to manage.
- Cloud hosting websites are reliable as the cloud makes automatic backup of the websites that are being visited.
- Cloud hosting platform is decentralized and the users are charged only for the resources that are being consumed rather then the amount that is given statically.
- Cloud hosting might not be fully controllable due to decentralization as the data is located somewhere else so the security can be a concern.
Question 27. What Are The Different Types Of Hostings That Exist?
There are different types of hosting provided to upload and share their files using the web or Internet.
- Free web hosting service: provides limited services and offers it to companies in that it offers advertisements and other services with limitations.
- Shared web hosting service: where a server shares many websites all placed at one place having the range from few to hundred.
- The domains are most probably remains shared with a common pool of resources that is based on the server like RAM and CPU.
- Reseller web hosting: this is the web hosting that allows clients to provide web hosting to others. This includes individual domains that are listed using the affiliated with a reseller.
- Virtual Dedicated Server: this is also known as also known as a Virtual Private Server (VPS). This provided the divided server resources in the virtual servers and the method that doesn’t relate directly to the hardware.
- Home server: this is a single machine server that can be thought as a personal server that is used to host one or more web sites using the connection.
Question 28. What Needs To Be Taken Into Consideration To Host A Website?
- To host a website a platform needs to be decided using which the hosting can be made simpler.
- The specification needs to be determined before hosting the website and choosing the hosting platform.
- The choice of operating system needs to be clear in choosing the website hosting services and the resources that the particular hosting platform requires need to be known.
- The web hosting platform requires lots of services that need to be decided before hosting the website on the web.
- The space and the cost need to be kept minimum and according to that the choice has to be made between hosted or shared platforms.
Question 29. What Is The Use Of Virtual Domain?
- Virtual domain is the domain of the client on which they can run their applications without having to install the server or hardware.
- The software need not to be installed physically on the server as it can be done using the local repositories and maintaining the domain locally.
- Using the virtual domain the server storage space is utilized efficiently and the data can be made more secure before publishing it online.
- Virtual domains are used to represent the personal Internet web address domain name and can be made with your personal one.
- Virtual domain provides more security in terms of using your own personalized domain and allows the access to the resources that are on web.
Question 30. What Is .htaccess?
(hypertext access) file is a directory-level configuration file supported by several web servers, that allows for decentralized management of web server configuration. The original purpose of .htaccess – reflected in its name – was to allow per-directory access control, by for example requiring a password to access the content. Nowadays however, the .htaccess files can override many other configuration settings including content type and character set, CGI handlers, etc.
Question 31. What Is Web Root Directory?
The “webroot” directory is the root directory for your Brinkster web site. Therefore, you must place all files and directories that you wish to be accessible via a browser in that directory.
Question 32. What Is Public_html?
The www folder is more correctly defined as an “alias” of the public_html folder. They are the same folder. If you add or delete something to one of them, it also has the same effect on the other
Question 33. What Are Subdomains?
Subdomains are an extension of your domain. For example, your site is http://www.ap6am.com/ A sub.domain would be interviewquestions.ap6am.com. Another would be interview.ap6am.com. Subdomains are usually treated as separate from the main site.
Question 34. What Is Ddns?
DDNS stands for Dynamic DNS. It is a way of automatically updating a name server in the Domain Name System.
This is useful in the case of web resources which may change IP addresses on a frequent basis (daily or even hourly). The DNS records are updated by a local router or server whenever the IP address of the resource changes.
This is usually not an issue for typical web hosting plans, as web hosting providers use blocks of static IP addresses. However, it is an expected feature of many internet-connected devices, since they are dynamically assigned a new IP address every time they are restarted.
Question 35. What Is Dns?
DNS is the Domain Name System. It is a distributed database of human-meaningful domain names mapped to network-meaningful IP addresses. Web browsers and other internet clients access DNS information through a series of recursive calls to various nodes in the DNS database.
Network Technical Support Interview Questions
Android Interview Questions
Warehouse Management Interview Questions
Data Center Management Interview Questions
Mac OS X Deployment Interview Questions
Network Technical Support Interview Questions
Domain Name System(DNS) Interview Questions
Technical Support Interview Questions
Android Interview Questions
cPanel Interview Questions
Grav Interview Questions
Warehouse Management Interview Questions
Advanced Linux Interview Questions
Data Center Management Interview Questions
Windows Server Support Interview Questions
Windows Server Administration Interview Questions
Mac OS X Deployment Interview Questions