Question 1. Can We Perform Verifications During Runtime?
Yes, your tests can execution verifications during script playback, we call them verification points. If you search our documentation for test. and the term verification you’ll see a variety of options and examples.
Question 2. Can We Pass Data Through External Files Such As Excel?
Yes, Excel, csv, tsv, etc. As well as database connections.
- How to Access Databases from Squish Test Scripts.
- Creating Data Driven Tests.
Question 3. When I Start Recording, The Control Bar Does Not Appear. What Can I Do?
Anytime an issue occurs, the first thing you should check is the Runner/Server Log View. This area can reveal the reason something may not be working as expected. If this problem persists and/or the log view does not reveal an issue or resolution, please use the Getting Support guide on our Knowledgebase to collect the relevant information and report the issue.
Question 4. How Extensible Is Squish To Handle Objects In Terminal Emulation?
This response assumes the question refers to a text-based terminal interface. While Squish focuses on testing GUIs, it can still work with such interfaces when paired with dedicated tools such as Expect and one of Squish scripting languages.
Question 5. Is The Video Of The Webinar Available In The Website?
While the video of this exact webinar is not available on froglogic website, a webinar on the same topic as well as other webinars are available on Resources > Screencasts & Videos.
Question 6. What Type Of Test Are Supported By Squish?
Squish is an automated GUI regression testing tool. See Squish GUI Testing on the froglogic website for an overview of the technologies, platforms and a general overview.
Question 7. Where Are The Global Scripts Located?
Anywhere accessible to your machine, by simply browsing and telling squish to include them in the Global Scripts list. More
Question 8. Can We Have Multiple Scripts In Test Suite Resources?
Yes. Test Suite Resources can have multiple scripts, test data resources and verification points.
Question 9. Can We Test Qt And Windows Apps Using Same Test Suite?
Yes, you simply need a combination Squish Qt & Windows package
Question 10. Do U Have All Combination Editions? Or Is It Only Controlled By Licensing?
We have all combinations of editions, please request a combination version and we can generate one for you. Performed only upon request. A combination package of more than one technology also requires a combination license for each technology (sales can provide more details, but functionality wise, nothing else to know other than it works).
Question 11. What Accordingly To You Is The Major Difference Between Squish And Other Competitor Tools In The Market Today?
- Squish is cross-platform. It supports many more platforms than other tools.
- Squish identifies objects easily and using the object’s real properties, not derived objects or properties such as MSAA or similar. This gives more accurate and more extensive access to the object information, thus creating more reliable object recognition and interaction. Squish provides Qt toolkit support stretching beyond what most other vendors provide, including but not limited to standard and complex controls as well as custom controls derived from Qt controls. You also have the ability to implement support for other custom controls not already supported (or inquire our status on implementing such controls).
- Squish supports multiple non-proprietary scripting languages. This allows you to use external, squish-independent scripts in the same scripting language within your test suites.
- Squish also provides access to each toolkit’s API, for example, we are looking at a Qt application, so you have access to the entire Qt toolkit API, all slots including Q_PROPERTYs and beyond. You also have the Apps Qt signal script function connectivity.
- Our integrations with other tools is extensive, as well as our command-line interface
- We share our source code with customers.
- The level of toolkit support, scripting language power, and versatility and flexibility of the Squish GUI Tester solution is difficult to match.
- I could go on, but will leave it here
Question 12. What’s The Difference Between “source” And “import”?
Source tells Squish which other files to use when looking for other shared script files either in the Test Case Resources or Global Script views. All functions (or similar) within the source call are then available just as standard Squish API and Toolkit-specific API functions are available. Import is used for importing modules in your selected scripting language’s standard libraries.
Question 13. Does Squish Support Excel 2003 Or 2007?
Yes, Squish supports Excel, but only in the .xls (not .xlsx) file format at this time.
Question 14. Will I Get Objects Added To The Object Map Only On Recording Basis, Or Can All The Objects Pertaining To That Application Be Added Manually?
Objects are automatically added to the object map as your record, but can be manually added either by using the object picker to select and object and then select add to object map, or by manually creating object map entries (first recommended over complete manual entry). also remember the check object existence and highlight object features when working with the object map.
Question 15. Is It Possible To Execute Automated Scripts On Devices With Embedded Devices With Qt Gui?
Yes, and many of our customers are testing Qt-embedded application on their devices.
Question 16. Can I Change Properties? Can I Change For Example The Property Of An Object (visible)?
Yes. Using the toolkit API within your script.
Question 17. Is There A Big Difference To Test Qt And Qml Applications?
The only difference is the objects you’re interacting with, so the underlying toolkit. Once you know Squish, you know the knowledge for all other supported applications and technologies.
Question 18. Here Are The Global Scripts Located?
Anywhere accessible to your machine, by simply browsing and telling squish to include them in the Global Scripts list.
LoadRunner Interview Questions
Python Interview Questions
ETL Testing Interview Questions
QTP Interview Questions
ETL Testing Tutorial
Manual Testing Interview Questions
LoadRunner Interview Questions
Selenium Interview Questions
Database Testing Interview Questions
Python Interview Questions