Question 1. Determine Ootb Functionality In Siebel.?
OOTB stands for Out Of The Box. OOTB is referred as ‘vanilla’ .OTB is the base functionality which is the Siebel standard at the time of installation of Siebel. It is done before configuring or changing to Siebel.
Question 2. Explain How To Create An Event Handler.?
1. Click on Administration->Communications->All Event Handler.
2. Click on add a new record from the Event Handler list.
3. Enter the details in the event handler –
- specify the configuration to associate this event handler
- specify the event response to associate the event handler
- specify the profile for associating the event handler
- name of the device event,
- Order of event handler checking and comments, if any.
Question 3. Explain Audit Trail In Siebel.?
An audit trail generates a history of changes that were made to data of Siebel applications. It is a record that shows the person who accessed an item, the operation performed and the way the value changed. Hence it is useful for examining the history of certain records, documenting the the changes for further analysis and record keeping. Audit trial performs the persistence of data without any input from the users.
Question 4. Explain In Brief About Siebmtsh.exe.?
Siebmtsh.exe is one of the processes created when Siebel server installs, depending upon the number of object managers which are used to enable the number of siebmtsh.exe processes increases.
Question 5. What Are Caching And Purging In Siebel?
Caching is the process of saving the query results for later use, at the time of requesting the same query. By using cache, the cost of database processing needs to pay for the query once, not every time of query running.
Purging is the process of EAI data mapping engine methods, which is used only in development mode. Purge method is used for purging the existing map of the database. This method is used at the time of changing the map and run after the map changes.
Question 6. What Is Link Specification?
Link specification is a field object type property. At the time of setting its value to true for a certain field the link specification can be retrieved in the child business component.
Question 7. What Is Inbound And Outbound In Picklist?
Inbounded picklist: In this process, values can not be entered by the users, other than specifying in drop down.
Out bounded picklist: In this process, the user can enter any values outside the drop down.
Question 8. What Is The Difference Between Mvg Applet And Pick Applet?
Pick Applet: A join based applet and displays every record that is available in the table and H2E. For example, if a pick applet of address on different accounts applets is created, all these addresses are available in the database and H2E.
MVG Applet: This applet is based on 1-M or M-M link which displays the child records that are related to the parent, that initiates the MVG ,and H2E can add, query and delete the records of MVG and H2E.
Question 9. What Are The 3 Major Steps In The Event Handler Process?
1. An event occurs that is similar to a call that is being disconnected. The events are forwarded by the telephony switch that communicates to the middleware server.
2. The events are forwarded by the middleware server and communicates the client business service.
3. The business service of the communications client serves the event and executes any action that is defined in the config data, or forwards the events to business service methods, or Siebel VB or Siebel eScript code.
Question 10. What Are The Functionalities Performed By Siebel?
Siebel is a software firm that design, develop, market and support the product of Customer Relationship management.
This is the company that produces the CRM applications and provides other functionalities like:
- Application-Layer Switching: this provides the content distribution of an application within many application servers. It increases the overall performance of the application and the system. The traffic distribution can handle the increased demands of the client.
- TCP/IP Multiplexing and Connection Management: allow the reduction to be done in the connections provided through the server. It manages and allows the server to reduce the infrastructure.
- Web Compression: it improves the performance of the data that is sent from the server to the client side. The redundant data is removed from the messages that are passed to the clients.
- Application Data Caching: it allows the frequently used data to be stored in the cache and server the purpose of increasing the performance on the client side and reduces the load on the servers.
Question 11. How Is Load Balancing Maintained In The Server?
There are many applications that use the servers to fulfill the request that is coming for the data, applications or any other content. This provides lot of capabilities to give user friendly environment to the client for the application access from the server. The load balancing on the server provides back end application or the database servers. The servers allow the grouping of similar applications at one place and the services also get grouped at single place by using the grouping functionality.
The services that are grouped, together, maps one or more servers that are used, to display the logical entity. This allows an easy environment in which the application can be used to provide easy upgradeable feature and maintenance options.
Question 12. What Is The Deployment Options Used For Load Balancing With Netscaler?
NetScaler is used in Siebel to provide the requests to be transferred from client browser to the server using the load balancing features that are provided by the Siebel servers. The servers in this case don’t require any configuration changes and it can be deployed easily without any delay. The server in the load balancing is directly communicating with the application server.
- The load balancing on the server can be done only after installing the database server. This server allows the instances to be used in round-robin fashion. That allows the configuration file to be only handled by the Server manager by generating the “generate lbconfig” command.
- The other way to do the load balancing is to get the request from the client browser and balance the load using different servers that are interconnected with each other. Netscalar in this case request the server to transfer the load to handle it in a more convenient manner.
Question 13. Explain The Steps Required To Implement The Load Balancer On Siebel Servers.?
The load balancer can be installed on the Siebel Application servers by using the configuration file that is given. The modification can be performed in the configuration file that is required by the server with the validation that is being put up by the server on the file.
The steps that is required:
– Update the eapps.cfg ?le that disable the Load Balancing of the server by changing the setting that are defined in the file and by changing the line as:
EnableVirtualHosts = False
– Modify the Object Manager connect string that is pointing to the Virtual IP and the port as well that is being used to connect the components of the object. Load balanced Object Manager allow the connection of the string to be done by changing the following lines:
ConnectString = siebel.TCPIP.None.None://
: / /
Question 14. Explain The Elements Used In The Following Given Statements With An Example.?
ConnectString = siebel.TCPIP.None.None://
: / /
– The string that is used allow the updation to be performed in the configuration file and it points to the Virtual IP and the port that is getting used. The elements that are used inside this is as follows:
: allows the IP address to be associated with the virtual server that is defined in the NetScalar. This allows it to be mentioned in the Siebel Application server. : allows the port number or the service to be defined using the virtual server. The default port of that virtual server is given as 2321. : represent the name of the Siebel Enterprise that consists of the load balanced Siebel Servers that are used to provide the objects which can be reused again and again. : it is the alias that is given to the Load Balanced Object.
Manager residing on the server, and it also provide the object management that can be passed to provide the loading balancing where the traffic on the server is more.
The view of the eapps.cfg configuration file is shown as:
#### Original eapps.cfg ?le ####
EnableVirtualHosts = true
### Updated changes to the eapps.cfg ###
EnableVirtualHosts = false
Question 15. Explain The Various Steps Involved Prior To Configuring Netscaler.?
The various steps to be followed prior to configuring Netscaler are:
1. Check that the network topology is well planned and configured properly. The network entity also requires the load balanced servers that are in place of the same subnet. It affects the network and the way it is being constructed.
2. Select a plan in which the Virtual IP address is used and the port is also configured. After configuring only the load balancing can be done. That allows easy configuration system and allow easy to implement the server.
3. Installing of the NetScaler takes place in the Data Center that is connected through switches and hubs and allow other parts to be connected for the communication.
4. Initialization of NetScaler is done using the license keys provided by the vendor and then assigning of the IP address is also done.
5. Setup allows all the high performance to be selected so that the server can be considered in high availability.
6. Configuration of the Network Gateway, Subnet, and other networking components is being done for the use of VLANs that is used by NetScaler. This makes the server to see which server can be used for load balancing.
7. Set up of the machines allows the application and the networking to be configured properly. This also allows different components to be connected to the server properly.
Question 16. Explain The Restrictions In Siebel That Comes While Planning The Networking Topology.?
The restriction that is given while planning the networking topology is:
On each instance the URL that is given for an object is pointing to one of the string that is defined by the Object Manager (OM). The virtual IP address and the port gets combined to give the complete URL for the semantic web search engine.
The application consists of one VIP (Virtual Internet Protocol) that can be shared using the multiple applications and allows it to be connected to different servers that provide tools to do load balancing together.
The customer that is running the application uses different channels by using the concept of partitioning:
Different VIPs are configured and multiple as well for a Siebel application. The servers are partitioned according to the VIPs that are used and that are configured. The multiple IP address is not necessary to perform the job.
Question 17. Explain The Netscaler One-arm Mode Deployment Model.?
NetScaler is deployed to provide high availability for the servers to allow the application to run on several platforms without being stuck. NetScaler one-arm mode allows the integration of Siebel environment into any physical server that includes the changes for an existing server or the network. The infrastructure that is provided with it is highly transparent and allows easy features and tools to make an upgrade in it. Siebel Applications doesn’t require any requirement that will make them handle the load balancing.
The servers are also called the load balancers where the network topology and the layout is being handled and deployed by the administrator to provide the correct information. Siebel administrator provides successful implementation of the TCP/IP address and the DNS servers to communicate between the Siebel servers and Virtual Ips that areconfigured through NetScaler.
Question 18. What Is The Use Of Global Policy Expressions Defined In Siebel?
The global policy expression allows setting the condition that is allowed to enter the content using the NetScaler system. The expression is used to represent the conditions and allow the policies to be made according to it. The policy expression can be shared between many systems and the components. This policy expression includes compression, integrated caching that allows the saving of the data source that is being visited and to increase the performance saved in the cache.
Policy expression uses content switching features to enable the services controlled by the policies that are made. The policy expression can be created using the configuration utility. This is the feature node that the system node uses of the NetScaler. System node includes the global repository that is used to provide the benefit of the system administrator’s responsibility for the expressions.
Question 19. What Are The Steps Required To Set The Policy Expression?
There are steps to setup the policy expression in the system node as it includes the overall repository of the system and it is necessary to maintain the registry of the system. The system node uses the static caching of the system for that policies can be created.
The steps those are required as follows:
Question 20. How Is Netscaler Static Caching Maintained?
HTTP caching is maintained without the knowledge of any technique that is provided with the platform on which the Siebel gets installed. The services are made to transparent to allow the caching to be dynamic and there is a caching that takes place for both dynamic and static content. The dynamic content caching is saved as long as the program runs and the static content are saved till the user removes the cache from the browser.
The examples of Image file can be taken in this case that allow the static content to be cached by using NetScaler. The dynamic generation of the application content allow it not be cache-able as it allows more space and logic to store the dynamic content. The caching can be adjusted by changing the maximum size and header string and other changes can be done by going to the settings area.
Question 21. What Is The Procedure To Configure The Static Caching Using The Content Group?
The content group is used to cache the object used by the NetScaler. This cache is the integrated cache that is used as a member to show the association between the objects. The association or the communication is being performed when an object is downloaded or stored in the system in there specified locations. The association is being represented in the policy that results in the caching of the object in the system and allows it to be made available when next time the user comes.
To configure the static cache using the content group use:
- The NetScaler configuration utility by going to the navigation panel
- Expanding the integrated cache node section.
- Select the sub-node from the content group.
- Select the name of the node and select the image that need to be added.
- Select the image of the average size and add it.
Question 22. What Will Happen After The Content Groups Gets Created?
After selecting the memory and creating the group the memory setting gets completed and it creates a content group consisting of the images. The creation allows the content groups to be stored as static content objects. These objects use HTTP or HTTPS servers to initiate the caching policies that are being made for the servers.
Question 23. How Is Server Monitoring Managed Using The Load Balancing Concept?
Server monitoring is used before configuring the load balancing server. The monitor allows the monitoring of the health of the server and considers it at various levels of criticality stages. NetScaler server is used to check the health of the server periodically to check the maintenance of it. Necessary action takes place by checking the server responses a specified destination and taking the appropriate actions on them.
NetScaler system uses a default TCP protocol to monitor automatically the server and its services that are created using the load balancing. Server monitoring is important to be used to allow the transaction between IP addresses can be seen and illegal activities can be blocked if any by the server itself.
Question 24. How Is Siebel Server Set Up Using The Default Tcp Monitor?
Siebel servers are easy to set up and it requires some default parameters that can be used by NetScaler. The NetScaler uses the default TCP monitor to view all the security and server health. The server health is important to watch to save it from any failure that might occur during the running of the system.
The server checks the system and marks the services of the Siebel as “UP” if all the services are functioning properly. The default parameters that are provided become sufficient then the deployment will be based on the Siebel. The monitor is used to view the TCP address and the HTTP transmission of the data from one system to another system and allow only the verified data to transfer.
Question 25. What Is The Process Of Configuring Siebel 8 Web Virtual Server?
The process of configuring the Siebel 8 Web virtual server is as follows:
- Go to the Navigation Panel that is selected from the NetScaler Configuration Utility and then the load balancing node is expanded to incorporate new changes that is being made or to see the settings of the server.
- Select the Virtual Server sub-node that allows the server to incorporate the changes that is being done and the load balance can be performed more efficiently. The performance of these increases due to this. Click Add to add the sub-node.
- Write the name in the field mentioned with the Siebel service like name = _http_80
- The server field includes the IP address of the server that is given as IP address is 172.16.10.242
- The protocol field consists of HTTP field using the pull down to let the user choose the port on which they want the field to be binded.
- To bind the services of Siebel to virtual server the activation of the services is to be done as this share the load from all the servers and allow the sharing of load to happen evenly.
Question 26. How Is Session Persistence Used For Siebel?
Session persistence is given when the NetScaler load balancer is used to select the specific server that directs the server to the client requests. The client can request anything that need not to be sent to the server that is physically located somewhere and the state information can be transferred from one client to another. The session persistence can be enabled by using the cookies that can be configured to insert an HTTP in client responses.
The cookie is inserted in the field of the header through which the HTTP response is given to the web browser. The web browser is used to accept the cookies that are included using the request of the client made to the server. The method or the persistence option is selected that shows the cookie that is inserted for the use.
Question 27. What Is The Process To Create The Dynamic Drilldown?
Dynamic drilldown is a way that allows the drilling of the object through the single source that produce different views on certain conditions when applied gives the results according to the input that is given. The drilldown objects are controlled and allowed to be put using a specific condition.
The dynamic drilldown is created as follows:
Drilldown uses the destination object types that define the conditions that need to be determined and the view provides the different destinations to define the child objects. The conditions can be expressed by using the resources taken from you by default.
The parent drilldown acts the default function that is to be given and certain actions that can be taken on the system.
To create a dynamic drilldown object it requires:
1. Expansion of the Applet objects type from the object explorer. It allows easy exploration of the object and uses it according to the requirements.
2. The opportunity list gets selected that is easy for an object list editor.
3. The applet that is generated on one applet then the user can pay for the rest so that it can be allowed to display the drill down operations.
4. The block is being defined and the block is being given.
Question 28. What Is The Differences Between Static And Dynamic Drilldowns?
The static drilldown has a configuration that allows the object with the definition to be identified using the hyperlink field that is given during the submission of the field and the view. The property setting allows the user to properly set the purpose of dynamic drilling and it is used to specify the column or control setting. Whereas, dynamic drilldown allow the objects to have destination has object definitions. Each of the point to the type field in components allows the business tools to be integrated and allow the destination object to specify the list.
This is to specify list column or control that is given as hyperlink and allow many capabilities to be viewed when clicking on it. Whereas, the value in the dynamic drilldown allow the bride to be sitting next to you that allows different views given for any further actions.
Question 29. What Is The Difference Between Vbc And Ebc In Siebel?
VBC stands for Virtual Business Component is a mechanism that is used in Siebel to allow the data to provide an external system that can be viewed using the Siebel application without replicating the fields and the dataset that I have given already. Whereas, EBCs stands for external business components and provide a way to add the resources that are accessed by the data. This data is not shown from our end only.
VBC provide the detailed description of the account that are stored in the external database. It also allow the stored information to be transferred that allows easy retrieval of the policy that is external to the system. Whereas, EBC doesn’t use the concept where there is no support given.
EBCs support the relationship and the mobile user doesn’t apply the same template. It allows the data to be transferred from one place to another. Whereas, VBCs are configured using the Siebel tools like MQSeries, insert and update on the data,
EBC allow the business object layer to be on the top and run on the Siebel server. Whereas, this is not allowed in the case of all the assignments that are passed together.
Question 30. What Is Siebel Force Active?
The Force Active setting of TRUE indicates to the system that it must obtain data for the field every time the business component is accessed, even if the field is not displayed in the current applet; this adds the field to the SQL query each time.
Question 31. Explain The Difference Between A Web Client, Dedicated Client And Mobile Client?
In web client, the application is accessed through a web browser; no software needs to be installed on the m/c except the web browser. It connects through the web server.
In dedicated client we need to install the client software on m/c. Dedicated Client connects directly to Siebel Database.Mobile Client connects through the Siebel Server.
Siebel – CRM Interview Questions
Siebel – CRM Tutorial
Networking Interview Questions
Linux Interview Questions
System Administration Interview Questions
System Analysis and Design Interview Questions
Siebel – CRM Interview Questions
System Analysis and Design Tutorial
CCNA Interview Questions
Windows Server 2012 Tutorial
Hardware and Networking Interview Questions
Networking Interview Questions
Domain Name System(DNS) Interview Questions
Siebel EAI Interview Questions
Linux Interview Questions
Cap Gemini Siebel CRM Interview Questions
System Administration Interview Questions
Siebel EIM Interview Questions