Question 1. I Need To Create A New Set Of Database Oracle Finance And Program In The Same Machine Having The Sun Solaris System. Can I Just Copy The Volume Of Program And Data? Or Do I Need To Make A New Installation?
If I Need To Make A Copy Of The Gl Module Set Database, Is It Possible If I Only Copy The Data, And Make A New Pointing Map From The Program?
In order to create a new set of database Oracle Finance and program in the same machine, you will need to create a new instance. You can create the new instance in the same machine.
Question 2. Can You Tell Me Which Tables Get Hit In The ‘receivables’ Module When The Receivables Interface Is Run From Order Entry?
- We have the RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL table to be populated. From there, AR picks data for creating an invoice using “autoinvoice”.
- While Autoinvoice gets data from ra_interface_lines_all, it also picks data from ra_interface_salescredits_all and ra_interface_distributions_all if it is present.
Question 3. I Have Installed Two Instances (test, Vision) Of Oracle Financial 11i For Vision Instance And Everything Seems Ok. But In Testing An Instance After Logging Using Sysadmin/sysadmin Ini Ie5.0, An Error Comes After The Applet Has Started.
I Find This Error: “app-fnd-01516: Invalid Username Or Password Or Database.
The Tns80listnerapp_test Is Not Starting.” How Can I Solve This?
You have just found out that database would not start correctly in getting the error in identifying control file:
- Go to the COMMON_TOP/admin/install directory/u202/train/d01/oracle/prodcomn/admin/create.
- To solve this, run “adcrdb.sh”. This created the control file.
- Restart the database, and then try connecting to applications which will complete the connection.
Question 4. When An Invoice Is Created In Ar And The User Changes To The Ar (1070), It Debits To Something Other Than 1070.
The Customer Balance Is Increased To Reflect That He Owes Us Money But The Journal Entries For 1070 Remains At 0.
I Assume The Aged Vs And The Journal Entries For A Customer Should Be Equal. I Am Aware The Invoice Should Have Used 1070 But It Didn’t, Which Means A User Error. Do You Know How To Undo This Type Of Error?
- The situation you mentioned is the reasons why you should not change invoices that are accounted for. This can also happen when the J/E is changed since the AR transfer to GL creates unnoted J/E. Changing the said invoices puts GLA and the sub ledger out of sync.
- You need to set the journal source for receivables so that the update flag is not enabled.
- In AR, don’t change invoices that are there. Instead use DM and CM functionality to adjust invoices or create new ones.
Question 5. In Our System, Asset Numbers Are Automatic Generated One By One. But Sometimes, It Skips The Sequence. For Example, We Have Closed A Period With A Last Asset Number 326, And When We Open The Next Period, It Is Gives An Asset Number Of 329. It Means We Missed Asset Number 327 & 328. Sometimes, It Also Happens Even Without Closing The Period.
How Do I Fix This?
You will need to check your Fa_distribution_history table to see if you are missing gaps there and then trace it to where assets where created, either in FA or in PA.
Question 6. What Is Flex Field?
Flex field is used to capture information of your Organisations.
Question 7. Difference Between Kff And Dff?
- Unique identifier
- Stored in segment Column
- Is used to capture additional information
- Stored in attribute Column
Question 8. How Many Kff Are In Gl. Ap , Ar?
- Module KFF
- GL Accounting FF
- AP No KFF
- AR Sales tax Location FF
- Territory Flexfield.
Question 9. What Is Symbol Of Dff In The Forms?
Square Bracket [ ].
Question 10. What Is Structure Of Kff In The Accounting Flexfields?
- Cost center
- Future use.
Question 11. How Many Segments Are In Aff?
max 30 segments and min two.
Question 12. What Are Flexfield Qualifiers?
Flexfield Qualifiers is used to identify the segments. Various types of flexfield qualifiers are listed below:
- Balancing Segment Qualifier.
- Cost Center segment Qualifier.
- Natural Account Segment Qualifier.
- Intercompany Segment Qualifier.
Question 13. What Are Different Types Of Currency?
- Functional Currency
- Foreign currency.
Question 14. What Are Different Types Of Calendars?
Different types of Calendars are listed below:
Question 15. What Is Profile And What Are Different Types Of Profiles?
Profile: Profile is the changeable option that affects the way your application runs.
There are two types of profile:
- System defined
- User defined
Question 16. What Are Different Profiles Level Available In Oracle Apps?
Below are the Profiles Level available in oracle apps:
- Site(Lowest level)
Question 17. What Is Cycle Of Gl.?
In simple and layman words:-
- Open the period
- Create Journal Enteries
- Post the Journals.