Question 1. What Is Bam And Why We Use It?
BAM stands for Business Activity Monitoring. This monitors various types of business activities, reports on them and sends out alerts when thresholds are reached or surpassed.
Question 2. What Are The Features Of Bam?
Below are the features of BAM:
- With BAM, end users, operational managers and to some extend analysts get a real-time overview of the state of ongoing affairs.
- It is required to improve decision-making processes.
- It is also used to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPI) affecting processes.
Question 3. What Are Different Components Of Bam?
BAM has 4 components:
- Active Viewer
- Active Studio
Question 4. Explain Each Component?
- Oracle BAM Active Viewer is the thin user interface for the business user.
- When new, information is available; the user receives an instant message that contains a link to the information.
- The user opens Active Viewer through this link and a report is displayed.
- Report formats include charts, columns, cross tab, spread sheets, KPIs, lists and more.
- These different formats can be combined in one report or viewed in separate reports.
- Oracle BAM Active Studio is the thin user interface for the power user.
- Through Active Studio, the power user can create and edit reports.
- Report creation includes field selection, formatting, filtering, calculated fields, and summaries.
- Reports may be published and rules can be created for determining the scheduling and delivery of the reports.
- View types include: charts, columnar, cross tab, spread sheets, KPIs, lists and more.
- Oracle BAM Architect is the thin user interface for the data designer focused on creating data objects in the Oracle BAM Active Data Cache so that power users can create reports.
- Through Oracle BAM Architect, the data designer creates data objects, creates and schedules data flow plans, imports and creates metadata, and maintains the data objects and rules.
- Oracle BAM Architect is seamlessly integrated with Oracle BAM Active Studio.
- Oracle BAM Administrator is the thin user interface for the system administrator who is responsible for user management and overall server management.
- Through Oracle BAM Administrator, the system administrator can add or delete users, define security levels for users and objects, manage the Oracle BAM Active Data Cache, and maintain and configure Oracle BAM services.
Question 5. What Is Data Object?
Data objects are tables that store raw data in the database. Each data object has a specific layout which can be a combination of data fields, lookup fields, and calculated fields.
Question 6. How To Get Data From Jms Queue/topic To Bam Data Object?
By using EMS (Enterprise Message Source).
Question 7. What Is Ems?
Enterprise Message Sources (EMS) is used by applications to provide direct Java Message Service (JMS) connectivity to the Oracle BAM Server. Each EMS connects to a specific JMS topic or queue, and the information is delivered into a data object in the Oracle BAM Active Data Cache.
Question 8. Can We Have User Based Access In Bam?
Yes, we can have user based access in BAM.
Question 9. By How Many Ways We Can Do Soa Service Monitoring?
We can use below options available to monitor SOA service.
- BAM Adapter
Question 10. When We Need To Use Bam Adapter?
BAM adapter is used when we want to do monitoring at composite level or when we need to monitor full message.
Question 11. When We Can Use Sensors?
Sensors are used when we want to do variable and activity level monitoring.
Question 12. What Is Sensor Action?
Sensor action is linked to sensor. In sensor action we define what action we need to perform on sensor data.
Question 13. Types Of Sensor Actions?
There are two types of sensor actions.
- Sensor action
- BAM sensor action
Question 14. Where We Use Sensor Action?
By using sensor action we can publish the sensor data to Database, JMS Queue/topic, Custom Java and JMS adapter.
Question 15. Where And When We Use Bam Sensor Action?
We used this sensor when we need to directly send the sensor data to BAM data object.
Question 16. What Is Bam Alert?
Business Activity Monitoring has alert feature which we can use when we want to perform some action based on some data insertion or data change.
Question 17. Can We Use Bam Alert To Invoke External Web Service?
Yes, we can use BAM alerts to invoke external web service.
Oracle SOA Interview Questions
Oracle SOA suit 11g Interview Questions
Oracle Apps ERP Interview Questions
Oracle BPM Interview Questions
Oracle ADF Interview Questions
Oracle SOA Interview Questions
Oracle HRMS Interview Questions
Oracle Architecture Interview Questions