Question 1. What Is Office Administration?
Office administration is a set of day-to-day activities that are related to financial planning, record keeping & billing, personnel, physical distribution and logistics, within an organization.
Question 2. What Is The Job Of Administration?
Administrative Assistant is a broad job category that designates an individual who provides various kinds of administrative support to people and groups in business enterprises. Job Duties Administrative assistants perform clerical duties in nearly every industry.
Question 3. What Is Effective Administration?
An effective administrator is an asset to an organization. He or she is the link between an organization’s various departments and ensures the smooth flow of information from one part to the other. Thus without an effective administration, an organization would not run professionally and smoothly.
Question 4. What Are The Duties Of An Administrative Assistant?
Most administrative assistant duties revolve around managing and distributing information within an office. This generally includes answering phones, taking memos, and maintaining files. Administrative assistants may also be in charge of sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients and customers.
Question 5. What Are The Administrative Skills?
Skills that are required for success in administration, such as communicating, computing, organizing, planning, scheduling, or staffing.
Question 6. What Is The Role Of The Administrator?
Here is a quick list of typical administrator duties:
- Management of office equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and enjoyable working environment.
- Handling external or internal communication or management systems.
- Managing clerical or other administrative staff.
- Organizing, arranging and coordinating meetings.
Question 7. What Are The Functions Of Office Administration?
Office File Manager Manage all files in your office, including active, canceled and closed files Office Maintenance Search for and add offices, as well as assign roles and add users User Maintenance Manage user accounts and information, such as adding or deleting users Profile Page Contents Customize your office Profile display
Question 8. Who Is Office Manager?
An office manager has the responsibility in ensuring that an organizations office duties are completed efficiently and effectively, whilst allocated the task of supervising other member of staff. The role of an office manager requires the candidate to have a higher skill and qualification set than other administrative vacancies, such skills and qualifications include; strong administrative experience, competency in human resources, reporting skills, delegation, managing processes and the ability to communicate to other members of the organization
Question 9. What Are The Duties Of Office Managers?
DutiesOf office managers are given many important duties daily that help the organization run effectively and efficiently, these being;
- Organize the office’s operations and procedures by undertaking several administrative tasks e.g. designing and implementing a new filing system
- Assigning certain employees to undertake operational requirements, whilst following up on their progress
- The duty of recruiting, selecting and training new employees, whilst simultaneously maintaining the current employees through coaching ad counseling
- Producing an annual budget that represents the organization’s financial objectives (determines where expenditures need to be scheduled for the next financial year).
- Attending several workshops that will benefit and increase the knowledge of the office manager e.g. educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
Question 10. What Tasks Are Typical For Office Administrators?
Common tasks include:
- word processing;
- audio and copy typing;
- letter writing;
- dealing with telephone and email enquiries;
- creating and maintaining filing systems;
- scheduling and attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes – shorthand may be required;
- keeping diaries and arranging appointments;
- organising travel for staff.
Question 11. What Are The Duties Of Administrative Officer?
- Excellent customer service skills
- Assisting with all aspects of administrative management, directory maintenance, logistics, equipment inventory and storage
- Managing inventory of assets and supplies, sourcing for suppliers (vendors) and submitting invoices
- Coordinating between departments and operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, interviews, events and other similar activities
- Research and the identification of key data sources
- Prepare and distribute payroll for staff
- Performing multifaceted general office support
- Preparing meeting minutes, meeting notes and internal support materials.
- Sending and receiving forms for the company
- All day-to-day operation matters
- Sending out and receiving mail and packages
- Preparing business correspondence, typically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Data entry using 10-key keypad
- Sending taxes
- Managing files
- Address all employees concerns in accordance with company policies and government regulations.
Question 12. What Role Do Administrative Assistants And Executive Assistants Play?
Executive assistants and administrative assistants play an important role in a wide variety of industries, and these professionals are crucial to keeping many offices running smoothly. Responsibilities vary from position to position but often include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Organizing and maintaining files and records, both paper and electronic
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Managing projects and conducting research
- Purchasing supplies
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Making travel and guest arrangements
- Planning and coordinating events
- Providing a good first impression of the business
Question 13. What Is The Association Of Administrative Officer?
The Association of Administrative Officer is a chartered, non-profit Canadian organization founded in April 1951. The Association is proactive in encouraging its members to further their education and enhance their career opportunity. The Association’s motto is: “Professionalism through Education”.
Question 14. What Is The Skill Set Of A Office Administrator?
The importance of an office administrator to an organization is substantial due to the duties that they are entrusted with, therefore specialized training is required in order for the employee to work efficiently and productively, these being;
Payroll training that involves the responsibility in ensuring that all employees receive their pay slips on time.
To have good communication skills in order to coordinate with other employees around the organization.
The ability of being able to supervise support workers
The ability of adapting to changing environments and new technologies that could be implemented e.g. New software installation.
Show good initiative
To be able to work under pressure when given a task that is of vital importance to the organization.
Question 15. Explain About Receptionist?
Receptionists manage the front of an office, greeting clients, suppliers and visitors as well as directing phone calls, emails and mail. Strong organisational, communication and customer service skills are vital requirements for receptionists to manage their varied tasks. Other responsibilities may include managing appointments and meeting room bookings, keeping the front desk tidy, providing administrative support, creating documents or reports, data entry, arranging travel, managing stationery and other stock, and ad hoc tasks.
Receptionists are often considered the face of a business; as a result, professional personal presentation and a vibrant, friendly disposition are highly favoured for this role.
Question 16. Explain About Administration Assistant?
Administration assistants cover a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities depending on the business’s requirements. Administration assistants may be required to prepare, file or archive documents, sort the mail, send mail or other communication to clients, answer phones or manage stock, as well as fulfil general office and ad hoc tasks. Administration assistants may also be required to organise and manage events for staff or external stakeholders.
Question 17. Explain About Virtual Assistant?
Virtual assistants (VAs) provide remote freelance or contract administration or personal assistance support to small businesses. This job is perfect for experienced administration staff who want to run their own business from home. Virtual assistants usually manage tasks such as invoicing and processing payments, distribution of products, creating documents and reports, handling email enquiries and any other administrative tasks that can be managed by email or online.
Proficiency with the Internet and Skype and knowledge of online filing systems are necessary to work as a VA. Business management skills are also a must for VAs to manage their own small business, whether they service one or two major clients or numerous smaller businesses.
Question 18. What Do You Do As An Administrative Assistant?
An administrative assistant, sometimes referred to as an office clerk, secretary, or receptionist, is someone who performs routine clerical and organizational tasks. They organize files, draft messages, schedule appointments and support other staff.
Question 19. What Is The Role Of A Personal Assistant?
Personal assistant: job description. Personal assistants support the work of managers and company directors for whom they are employed to undertake a variety of administrative, clerical and managerial tasks. Personal assistants often act as the manager’s first point of contact.
Question 20. Who Is A Personal Assistant?
A personal assistant, also referred to as personal aide (PA) or personal secretary (PS), is a job title describing a person who assists a specific person with their daily business or personal tasks.
Office Management Interview Questions
Hotel Front Office Management Tutorial
Hotel Front Office Management Interview Questions
Recruitment Interview Questions
Travel and Tourism Interview Questions
Front Desk Interview Questions
Office Management Interview Questions
Business administration Interview Questions
Office clerk Interview Questions
Hotel Front Office Management Interview Questions
Medical School Interview Questions