Question 1. Explain What Is “cupping” Method?
n “Cupping” method, which is a traditional Chinese method, an alcohol soaked cotton ball is ignited. The lit portion of ignited cotton ball is inserted into a cup or bulb like glass to create a vacuum. The cup is then balanced upon body or moved across using gliding strokes, as per the client’s requirement. It is ideal for performing deep tissue massage and helps to remove toxins, loosen adhesions and facilitate blood flow.
Question 2. Explain What Is Craniosacral Therapy?
In this therapy, a gentle pressure is applied through hands, to create a wave like rhythmic pulse through the entire body. In this technique, the therapist makes light contact at selected points around the head, knees, torso and feet. It consists of gentle finger pressure and no bone manipulating or forceful thrusts
Question 3. Explain What Is Aromatherapy?
In Aromatherapy, therapist uses a wide range of plant oils, perfume oils, essential oils are applied to your body or simply by inhaling those oils relieve you from stress and anxiety.
Question 4. Explain What Is Acrosage?
Acrosage is a combination of two techniques, acrobatics and massage. The acrosage practitioner holds the massage patient in an acrobatic stance and massages the entire body. This therapy is also known as inversion therapy as the client body is completely inverted in an upside down position balancing on the therapist leg.
Question 5. Explain What Is The Polarity Therapy?
Polarity therapy principle is based on the idea that a person’s health and well-being are determined by the natural flow of energy through the body. It is referred to the positive and negative charges of the body’s electromagnetic energy field. This therapy includes spinal realignment, curling toes, twisting the torso, rocking motions and moving the hands or crystals along the body’s natural energy pathways.
Question 6. Explain What Is Hot Stone Massage Therapy?
Hot stone massage technique uses smooth, heated stones by setting them on the body while therapist massage other parts of the body. The heat does both deeply relaxing the muscles and at the same time warm up tight muscles and relieve from pain.
Question 7. Explain What You Can Eat After And Before Massage Therapy?
- Prior to your treatment, avoid eating a heavy meal. It will leave you tired and lethargic
- Its recommended you eat a light and easily digestible meal at least one and half hour before your massage like soup, fruit and non-fizzy drinks with natural sugars
- Avoid alcohol prior to and after massage
- Consume plenty of water, it helps to get rid of wastes, toxins and congestion
- Try to eat a light meal like high protein and low carbohydrate after the massage
Question 8. Explain What Is Reflexology Type Massage?
Reflexology type massage involves the physical act of putting pressure to the feet and hands with specific finger, thumb and hand techniques without the use of lotion or oil. This therapy targets the reflex areas that are believed to reflect as a map on the feet and hands. It improves the blood circulation, and it is a popular therapy amongst cancer patients.
Question 9. What Things You Should Do Before And After Massage Therapy?
Things to do before Massage
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid Smoking
- Listen to the Therapist Things to do after Massage
- Steam Bath
- Don’t sleep
Question 10. Mention Who Should Not Take Massage Therapy?
A patient who is under following treatment or medication should avoid massage therapy or consult a physician before taking massage therapy.
- Blood Thinners: It may result in bruising with heavy pressure or deep tissue work
- Blood Pressure Medication: It can result in low blood pressure or uneasiness upon sitting or standing after massage
- Topical drugs such as hormone or antibiotic creams: There are a chance that the cream or oil used for massage might interfere with the client’s absorption of the medication
- Injectable medication: Massage therapist should avoid the injection site, specially patient with insulin, as it might interfere with how drug is absorbed
- Pain Killers: A massage therapist should stick with low-pressure massage if the patient is on painkiller.
Question 11. What Massage Therapist Should Take Care Of While Giving Massage To The Client?
Avoid direct pressure to joints
- Avoid local site of unstable fractures, open wounds, hematomas, burns, scars
- No abdominal massage to pregnant women
- Seek medical guidance from patient physician if he has some critical condition like tumor or skin cancer
- Avoid massage if client has kidney related problems or you observe edema in client. Avoid massage if client has Arteriosclerosis & Circulatory conditions or Deep vein thrombosis & Varicose veins
Question 12. Mention What Are The Different Types Of Massage Therapy?
- Swedish Massage
- Aromatherapy Massage
- Hot stone Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Thai Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Sports Massage
- Back Massage
Question 13. What Is Esalen Massage Is Like?
Esalen massage targets muscles and circulatory system with long, gentle, unpredictable strokes and mild stretching. It increases body awareness, relaxes the muscles and nervous system. Is also excretes body toxins.
Question 14. Briefly Explain About Thai Yoga Massage?
Thai massage is based on three aspects muscle compression, joint mobilization and acupressure. In this therapy, the therapist uses his knees, hands, feet and legs to move you into a series of yoga-like stretches.
Management Hotel Interview Questions
Management Hotel Tutorial
Physiotherapy Interview Questions
Workplace Wellness Tutorial
Dermatology Interview Questions
Beauty Therapist Interview Questions
Cosmetology Interview Questions
Management Hotel Interview Questions