Question 1. What Are The Parts Of Microsoft Self-service Business Intelligence Solution?
Microsoft has two parts for Self-Service BI:
- Excel BI Toolkit – It allows user to create interactive report by importing data from different sources and model data accorequirement.
- Power BI – it is the online solution that enables you to share the interactive reports and queries that you have created using the Excel BI Toolkit.
Question 2. What Is Power Bi.?
Power BI is a cloud-based data sharing environment.
Once you have developed reports (or presentations, if you prefer to call them that) using power query,PowerPivot and Power View, you will probably want to share your insights with your colleagues. This is where Power BI enters the equation. Power BI, which technically is an aspect of SharePoint online, lets you load Excel workbooks into the cloud and share them with a chosen group of co-workers. Not only that, but your colleagues can interact with your reports to apply filters and slicers and to highlight data.
They are completed by Power BI—a simple way of sharing your analyses and insights on PCs and mobile devices from the Microsoft cloud.
Power BI features that allow you to:
- Share presentations and queries with your colleagues.
- Update your Excel file from data sources that can be on-site or in the cloud.
- Display the output on multiple devices. This includes PCs, tablets, and HTML 5-enabled mobile devices that use the Power BI app.
- Query your data using natural language processing .
Question 3. What Are The Different Excel Bi Add Ins?
- Power Query—find, edit and load external data
- PowerPivot—for data modeling for analysis
- Power View—design visually and interactively reports
- Power Map—display insights on 3D Map
Question 4. Which Language We Use For Calculated Column/calculated Field In Power Pivot.?
DAX(Data Analysis eXpression)
Question 5. What Is Xvelocity In-memory Analytics Engine Used In Power Pivot?
The main engine behind power pivot is the xVelocity in-memory analytics engine.
It can handle large amount of data because it stores data in columnar databases and in memory analytics which results in faster processing of data as it loads all data to RAM memory.
For best result use 64 bit operating system as 64 bit can load more data to RAM.
Question 6. What Is Power Pivot Data Model?
Data Model in Power pivot is made up of tables, columns, data types, and table relations.Typically data tables are constructed to hold data for a business entity.
Question 7. What Is Dax.?
To do basic calculation and data analysis on data in power pivot we use Data Analysis Expression (DAX).It is formula language to compute calculated column and calculated field.
- Dax works on column values
- Dax can not modify or insert data
- We can calculate calculated column and measures but we can not calculate rows using dax
Sample DAX formula syntax:
For the measure named Total Sales, calculate (=) the SUM of values in the [SalesAmount ] column in the Sales table.
A- Measure Name
B- equal sign – indicate beginning of formula
C- DAX Function
D- Parenthesis for Sum Function
E- Referenced Table
F- Referenced column name
Question 8. What Is Power Query.?
Power query is a ETL Tool used to shape, clean and transform data using intuitive interfaces without having to use code.
- Import Data from wide range of source from files to databases , big data to social media
- Join and append data from multiple data sources
- Shape data as per requirement by removing and adding data.
Question 9. Which Language Is Used In Power Query?
A new programming language is used in power query called M-Code. It is easy to use and similar to other languages. M-code is case sensitive language.
Question 10. What Is Power Map?
At present Power Map is only available as Excel Add-in, using this we can visualize data on 3D map.
Power Map is an Excel add-in that provides you with a powerful set of tools to help you visualize and gain insight into large sets of data that have a geocoded component. It can help you produce 3D visualizations by plotting up to a million data points in the form of column, heat, and bubble maps on top of a Bing map. If the data is time stamped, it can also produce interactive views that display how the data changes over space and time.
Question 11. What Are The Primary Requirement For A Table To Be Used In Power Map.?
For a data to be consumed in power map there should be location data like:
- Latitude/Longitude pair
- Street, City, Country/Region, Zip Code/Postal Code, and State/Province, which can be geolocated by Bing
- The primary requirement for the table is that it contains unique rows. It must also contain location data, which can be in the form of a Latitude/Longitude pair, although this is not a requirement. You can use address fields instead, such as Street, City, Country/Region, Zip Code/Postal Code, and State/Province, which can be geolocated by Bing.
Question 12. What Are The Data Destination For Power Queries?
There are two destination for output we get from power query:
- Load to table in a worksheet or
- Load to the Excel Data Model
Power Query gives you two choices for where the output of a query will be loaded: a table in a worksheet or the Excel Data Model.
Question 13. What Is Power Bi Designer?
It is a stand alone application where we can make Power bi reports and then upload it to Powerbi.com, it does not requires excel.
Actually it is a combination of Power query, Power Pivot, and Power view.
Question 14. Can We Refresh Our Power Bi Reports Once Uploaded To Cloud (sharepoint Or Powerbi.com)?
Yes we can refresh our reports through Data Management gateway(for sharepoint) and PowerBI Personal gateway.
Question 15. What Is Data Management Gateway And Powerbi Personal Gateway.?
Data Management Gatway is a application which is installed on source data machines so that reports deployed on sharepoint can scheduled to automatic refresh
Similarly PowerBI Personal Gateway is for reports which are deployed on Powerbi.com
Question 16. What Is Power Bi ?
It is a natural language data querying where we can directly plot charge by simplying typing question on data set like:
Total sales by year and area:
It is availabe only when reports are published to colud (Powerbi.com or sharepoint)
Question 17. What Are The Main Difference Between Older Power Bi And Newer Power Bi?
New power bi have new designing tool called Power BI Desktop which is a stand alone designer for power bi which in back-end include Power view,Power-pivot and power query
where as older excel version have power bi add ins for excel (power view , power pivot, power query and power map )
And there are more graphs available in new version of power bi like combo chart, line area chart, water fall, tree map etc.
Question 18. Can We Have More Than One Active Relationship Between Two Tables In Data Model Of Power Pivot?
No we cannot have more than one active relationship between two table, but we can have more than one relationship between two tables but there will be only one active relationship and many inactive relationship as shown below dotted lines are inactive and continuous line as active.
Question 19. For Which Platform Power Bi App Is Available?
- Android Mobile
- iPhone and iPad
- Windows Desktop and Windows Tablets
- Windows Phone
VBA For Excel Interview Questions
VBA For Excel Tutorial
Microsoft Excel Interview Questions
Microsoft Excel Tutorial
Microsoft Word Interview Questions
Microsoft Powerpoint Interview Questions
Microsoft Word Tutorial
Microsoft Entity Framework Interview Questions
VBA For Excel Interview Questions
Microsoft Powerpoint Tutorial
Microsoft Azure Interview Questions
Microsoft Entity Framework Tutorial
Microsoft Project Interview Questions
Microsoft Excel Interview Questions
Microsoft Azure Tutorial