If you’re looking for BlackBerry Questions and whether you’re experienced or fresher & don’t know what kind of questions will be asked in BlackBerry job interview, then go through the below Real Time 70 Top BlackBerry Interview Questions and Answers to crack your job interview.
BlackBerry Interview Questions and Answers
Question: Can We Distribute Applications That Use Cryptographic Apis?
You can distribute applications that use cryptographic APIs provided they adhere to the requirements and restrictions detailed in the BlackBerry App World Vendor Agreement.
You may also be required to provide a Commodity Classification Automated Tracking System (CCATS) reference for Research In Motion (RIM) to obtain additional data on the application and ensure compliance with export control regulations.
Question: Can We Distribute Blackberry Webworks Applications?
Yes, BlackBerry WebWorks applications can be distributed on BlackBerry App World.
Question: Can We Distribute My Web Signals Application?
Yes, it’s possible to promote and distribute web signals-based content services, provided you offer a web signal registration application to be distributed through BlackBerry App World.
A web signal registration application is a small Java application packaged as a cod file that, once downloaded, presents the user with the option to launch the web browser to your web signal registration page. Upon signing up to your web signal service, the web signal registration application can be removed by the end user.
Question: Can We Distribute Themes?
Yes, themes can be distributed on BlackBerry App World.
Question: Can We Distribute Web Applications?
Yes, it’s possible to promote and distribute web-based content services for BlackBerry smartphones, provided you offer a web icon application to be distributed on BlackBerry App World.
A web icon application is a small Java application packaged as a COD file that, once downloaded, provides a dedicated icon on the BlackBerry smartphone that will take the user to a mobile website.
Question: Can We Select More Than One Category For My Application?
You can select only one category for your application. Category selection will be evaluated for suitability and an alternate category may be suggested for your application.
Question: Describe The Functionality Of Accelerometer Of An Iphone?
iPhone responds to motion using a built-in accelerometer.
The accelerometer detects the movement and changes the display accordingly, at the time of rotating iPhone from portrait to landscape.
Question: Explain About Blackberry Enterprise Server?
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server: The BlackBerry handhelds are integrated into the e-mail system of the organization through software BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The BES versions are available for MS Exchange, Novell GroupWise and Lotus Domino. A connector was made by Google for BES for making BES available for Google Apps. A new feature is added which enables to track the current location of an individual through trailateration.
- BES provides handhelds with the connectivity of TCP/IP which can be accessed through a component known as “Mobile Data Service – Connection Service – MDS-CS”. This allows the development of custom application development using data streams on BlackBerry devices which are based on the Sun JME platform.
- BES also provides network security in the form of Triple DES or AES encryption standard of all data including e-mail and MDS traffic, which travels between the BlackBerry hand held devices and a BES.
Question: Explain About Blackberry Internet Service?
The primary alternative to BlackBerry Enterprise Server is BlackBerry Internet Service. The development of this service is aimed at the average consumer rather than for the business consumer. POP3 and IMAP integration are allowed by these services for the personal user. It allows upto 10 e-mail accounts could be accessed including popular emails Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and AOL. MySpace, Facebook and MSN can also be accessed by using special bundles.
Latest BlackBerry devices are using proprietary BlackBerry Messenger for sending and receiving instant messages through BlackBerry PIN or barcode scan. This is a BlackBerry Alliance program for the partners who work under contract with RIM for creating new BlackBerry applications.
Question: Explain About Blackberry Operating System?
- Research in Motion, a Canadian company provided a proprietary operating system for BlackBerry.
- The operating system provides support for Java MIDP 1.0 and WAP 1.2.
- The current version supports Novell Group Wise and Lotus Notes.
- Third-party software can be developed using BlackBerry APIs as well, with certain restriction functionality must be signed by RIM digitally, so that it can be associated to a developer account.
Question: Explain About The Applications That Can Be Used With Iphone?
Technology, Entertainment and Design(TED): Allows to watch and listen to world’s most fascinating people have to say, all on the iPhone.
Market Watch: Breaking news about the investments can be seen. To do so, open the Stocks app and rotate.
Trends: Latest runway shows, videos from Vogue’s fashion library, reviews, exclusive party pictures, fashion news updates can be seen on Style.com.
Question: Explain About The Cpu Used In Blackberry Technology?
Early BlackBerry devices used Intel-80386 processors but Intel XScale 624 MHz CPUs are used in the latest BlackBerry 9000 series.
Earlier, BlackBerry 8000 series with Pearl was based on the 312 MHz ARM XScale ARMv5TE PAXA900. BlackBerry 8707 was based on 80 MHz Qualcomm 3250 chipset, and the device was often slower for downloading and render the web pages over 3G than the 8700 was over EDGE networks.
Question: Explain Circuit Level Gateway?
A circuit level gateway is used to find if a session in TCP handshaking is legitimate or not. It can be considered as a layer between application layer and transport layer. They protect the information of the private network they protect. Circuit level gateways do not filter packets.
Question: Explain How Nat Works?
Network Address Translation translates and IP address used in a network to another IP address known within another network. A NAT table is maintained for global to local and local to mapping of IP’s. NAT can be statically defined or dynamically translate from a pool of addresses. The NAT router is responsible for translating traffic coming and leaving the network. NAT prevents malicious activity initiated by outside hosts from reaching local hosts by being dependent on a machine on the local network to initiate any connection to hosts on the other side of the router.
Question: Explain How Synchronization Takes Place With Blackberry Technology?
The handheld device is used as a network device, which always connected to the data account of the user via redirector software. The software is installed on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. The communication between the software, BE Server and the hand held device’s software is always a two-way street. BES immediately updates the mobile device or the email or the calendar account, whenever a change in email account occurs.The push technology of BlackBerry keeps the device instantly in “synch” without any effort by the user.
Question: Explain Ip Datagram, Fragmentation And Mtu?
IP datagram can be used to describe a portion of IP data. Each IP datagram has set of fields arranged in an order. The order is specific which helps to decode and read the stream easily. IP datagram has fields like Version, header length, Type of service, Total length, checksum, flag, protocol, Time to live, Identification, source and destination ip address, padding, options and payload.
MTU Maximum Transmission Unit is the size of the largest packet that a communication protocol can pass. The size can be fixed by some standard or decided at the time of connection
Fragmentation is a process of breaking the IP packets into smaller pieces. Fragmentation is needed when the datagram is larger than the MTU. Each fragment becomes a datagram in itself and transmitted independently from source. When received by destination they are reassembled.
Question: Explain Rsvp. How Does It Work?
Resource Reservation protocol is used to reserve resources across a network. It is used for requesting a specific Quality of Service (QoS) from the network. This is done by carrying the request (that needs a reservation of the resource) of the host throughout the network. It visits each node in the network. RSVP used two local modules for reservation of resources. Admission control module confirms if there are sufficient available resources while policy module checks for the permission of making a reservation. RSVP offers scalability. On a successful completion of both checks RSVP uses the packet classifier and packet scheduler for the desired Qos requested.
Question: Explain The Concept Of Dhcp?
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is used assigning IP addresses to computers in a network. The IP addresses are assigned dynamically. Certainly, using DHCP, the computer will have a different IP address every time it is connected to the network. In some cases the IP address may change even when the computer is in network. This means that DHCP leases out the IP address to the computer for sometime. Clear advantage of DHCP is that the software can be used to manage IP address rather than the administrator.
Question: Explain The Use Of Internet Control Message Protocol (icmp)?
Internet Control Message Protocol is one of the important protocols in the Internet Protocol suite. It is mainly used in operating system of networked computers, for the purpose of sending error messages, for example, a requested service is unavailable or the host could not be reached. It is not directed by the network applications. ICMPs are utilized by routers, hosts for communicating the updates or error information to other routers.
Question: How Are Applications Categorized?
Categories can be selected during the application submission process. Vendors can select one category that applies to an application. All category selections will be reviewed and are subject to change.
Question: How Does Rim Determine If An Application Is Suitable For Blackberry App World?
RIM will review a submitted application for content suitability and perform technical testing to ensure the application meets the BlackBerry App World Vendor Guidelines.
Vendors should test their applications for compatibility against the devices selected during the submission process to avoid test failures and application rejections.
Question: Is There A Blackberry Forum For End Users And Vendors?
BlackBerry App World boards for vendors and end users are active on the BlackBerry forums.
Question: What Are Ping And Tracert?
Ping and tracert are the commands used to send information to some remote computers to receive some information. Information is sent and received by packets. Ping I particularly used to check if the system is in network or not. It also gives packet lost information. In windows ping command is written as ping ip_address Tracert is called as trace route. It is used to track or trace the path the packet takes from the computer where the command is given until the destination. In windows ping command is written as tracert ip_address
Question: What Are Sensors In Iphone?
The proximity sensor immediately turns off the display when the iPhone is lifted to ear. With this sensor the power is saved and accidental dialing is prevented.
The display is automatically brightens the iPhone by the ambient light sensor when the sunlight or bright rooms and dims in darker places.
Question: What Are Switches? Explain The Concepts Of Layer-3 Switches?
- It is a device that connects multiple network segments.
- A switch analyzes the MAC address and then determines where to send the data.
- So a file addressed to a computer reaches only that computer through the use of a switch.
- The term ‘switch’ commonly refers to a Network bridge that processes and routes data at the Data link layer (layer 2) of the OSI model.
- Switches that additionally process data at the Network Layer are often referred to as Layer 3 switches or Multilayer switches.
Question: What Are The Advantages Of Blackberry Technology?
1. Email: BlackBerry provides email accessing facility with its wireless extension. Normal email activities can be performed without hassles. It remains continuously connected to the wireless network which enables the user to access email. The mail will appear on the device without retrieving it.
2. Phone: The BlackBerry hand held has all the features of a mobile. In addition it has digital walkie-talkie, SIP based IP telephony and also provides headsets with comfort, clarity and convenience.
3. Wireless Internet: The hand held phone have special features which enables to browse the internet by clicking and scroll track wheel for navigating the pages and types the URLs by using QWERTY keyboards.
4. Tethered Modem: Some of the BlackBerry hand held devices are available with features like speedy wireless services with fast email and browsing experiences. This device acts as a tethered modem without carrying a wireless PC card.
5. Organizer: The mobile is provided with functionality regarding day to day activities.
6. SMS: Blackberry devices support the facility of sending and receiving text messages.
7. Instant Messaging: This feature helps the user for contacting people once they are connected to the wireless network.
8. Corporate Data Access: Business goals can be achieved with access to the corporate data, by using wireless connectivity technology.
9. Paging: Some of the BlackBerry models provide paging services to the BlackBerry users who do not have an email account.
Question: What Are The Benefits For Organizations And It Departments By Using Blackberry?
Benefits for organizations
The BlackBerry Connect technology allows the organizations for standardizing BlackBerry platform and leverages their existing BlackBerry solution investments. The employees productivity and performance can also be boosted by providing them the mobile access for their emails and calendars.
Benefits for IT
IT departments are provided with a solution that is easy to utilize, manage and deploy by using BlackBerry Connect technology. Strict requirements for security and manageability will be satisfied and several devices can be connected to the BlackBerry Platform.
Question: What Are The Differences Between A Domain And A Workgroup?
In a domain, one or more computer can be a server to manage the network. On the other hand in a workgroup all computers are peers having no control on each other. In a domain, user doesn’t need an account to logon on a specific computer if an account is available on the domain. In a work group user needs to have an account for every computer.
In a domain, Computers can be on different local networks. In a work group all computers needs to be a part of the same local network.
Question: What Are The Features Of Blackberry Storm2?
The BlackBerry Storm2 has the following features:
- More memory , up to 32GB micro SD card.
- 3.2 MP camera with Wi-Fi.
- Major change – Mechanical Button keyboard replacement with fully electronic key board – screen will not be shifted while typing.
- Support for full-width keyboard while in landscape mode.
Question: What Are The Features Of Blackberry?
- The standard features of a BlackBerry are calendar, notes, calculator, tasks, alarm clock and few games.
- In addition to the standard features, BlackBerry also has a feature for downloading third party applications.
- Most of the BlackBerry handhelds are capable of using Bluetooth, which allows for using wireless Bluetooth headsets for handling telephone calls.
Question: What Are The Features Of Iphone 3gs?
Video: Videos can be edited, shared. High quality VGA video can be shot in portrait or landscape.
3 Megapixel Camera: Still photos with greater quality can be taken Voice control: It recognizes the names in contacts and recognizes the music on iPod.
Compass: iPhone 3GS has built-in digital compass, used to point the way.
Internet Tethering: Internet surfing can be done from anywhere. A 3G connection can be shared on Iphone with Mac notebook or laptop.
Question: What Are The Location Services?
- Applications such as Maps, camera and compass are allowed to use the information from cellular, Wi-Fi and Global Positioning System networks for determining the approximate locations.
- The location is displayed on the screen, using a blue marker.
Question: What Are The Requirements For The Icon And Screenshots?
The file submitted for the icon is automatically sized for use in various parts of the BlackBerry App World solution. It’s recommended you provide a 480×480, 300dpi, RGB file in PNG format so the icon retains the best possible image quality when the file is converted.
Question: What Billing Models Are Supported On Blackberry App World?
BlackBerry App World supports one-time billing at the time of download, free applications and the sale of digital goods within applications.
Question: What Do I Need To Submit An Application?
You’ll need to provide the following information when submitting an application:
- Application name
- Application language
- Description language
- Icon (480×480 png image)
- License type
- OS version supported
Question: What Is ‘gateway Of Last Resort’?
A Gateway of Last Resort or Default gateway is a route used by the router when no other known route exists to transmit the IP packet Known routes are present in the routing table. Hence, any route not known by the routing table is forwarded to the default route. Each router which receives this packet will treat the packet the same way, if the route is known, packet will be forwarded to the known route.
Question: What Is An Application Gateway?
An application gateway is an application program that runs on a firewall between two networks. An application gateway is used for establishing connection between client program and destination service. The client negotiates with the gateway to communicate with the service of destination. Here, gateway can be called as a proxy. Hence, two connections are made. One between client and proxy; other, between proxy and destination service. Connections take place behind the firewall.
Question: What Is Blackberry Technology?
- BlackBerry is nothing but a handheld wireless device that is just like a two way pager.
- It supports the features like mobile telephone, push e-mail, text messaging, web browsing, internet faxing.
- In addition to these, all types of wireless information services and multi-touch interfaces are also included.
Question: What Is Ip Spoofing And How Can It Be Prevented?
IP spoofing is a mechanism used by attackers to gain unauthorized access to a system. Here, the intruder sends messages to a computer with an IP address indicating that the message is coming from a trusted host. This is done by forging the header so it contains a different address and make it appear that the packet was sent by a different machine.
Packet filtering: – to allow packets with recognized formats to enter the network Using special routers and firewalls. Encrypting the session.
Question: What Is Iphone Architecture?
- It is similar to MacOS X architecture.
- It acts as an intermediary between the iPhone and iPod hardware an the appearing applications on the screen.
- The user created applications never interact directly with the appropriate drivers, which protects the user applications from changes to the hardware.
Question: What Is Iphone Os?
iPhone OS runs on iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Hardware devices are managed by iPhone OS and provides the technologies needed for implementing native applications on the phone.
The OS ships with several system applications such as Mail, Safari, Phone, which provide standard services to the user.
Question: What Is Iphone Reference Library?
- iPhone reference library is a set of reference documents for iPhone OS .
- It can be downloaded by subscribing to the iPhone OS Library doc set.
- Select Help>Documentation from Xcode, and click the subscribe button next to the iPhone OS Library doc set, which appears in the left column.
Question: What Is Iphone Sdk?
iPhone SDK is available with tools and interfaces needed for developing, installing and running custom native applications.
Native applications are built using the iPhone OS system frameworks and Objective-C language and run directly on iPhone OS.
Native applications are installed physically on a device and can run in presence or absence of network connection.
Question: What Is Iphone?
- iPhone is a combination of internet and multimedia enabled smart phone developed by Apple Inc.
- iPhone functions as a camera phone, including text messaging, and visual voice mail.
- iPhone is a portable media player that resembles a video iPod.
- It has user interface that is built around the multi-touch screen including virtual keyboard.
- App Store, which launched in the mid 2008 has over 1,00,000 applications with functionalities including games, references, GPS navigation, advertising, television shows, films, reference, celebrities.
Question: What Is Ppp Protocol? Explain Ppp Packet Format.?
Point to Point protocol helps communication between 2 computers over a serial cable, phone line or other fiber optic lines. E.g. Connection between an Internet Service Provider and a host. PPP also provides authentication. PPP operates by sending Request packets and waiting for Acknowledge packets that accept, reject or try to change the request. The protocol is also used to negotiate on network address or compression options between the nodes.
Flag field: 1 byte: – Indicates frames beginning or end
Address field: 1 byte: – Used for broadcast address (destination address)
Control field: 1 byte: – Used as a control byte
Protocol field: – 1 or 2 bytes: – Setting of protocol in information field (of datagram)
Information: – 0 or more bytes: – Datagram (whether it contains data or control information)
Padding: – 0 or more bytes: – optional padding
FCS: – 2 or more bytes: – error check sum
Question: What Is Router? Explain Components Of Routers.
The way switches connect multiple computers, a router connects multiple networks. Routers comprise of data consisting of large tables of networks and addresses. Routers use algorithms to determine the shortest route to an address in a network.
Question: What Is The Domain Name System (dns)? What Are The Advantages Of It?
A hierarchial naming system for computer systems, services or for that matter any resource participating in the internet. Various information with domain names is assigned to each of the participants. DNS translates the names of domain into meaningful to humans into binary identifiers that are associated with the equipment of network to locate and address these devices.
More Reliable: Delivers messages to the users with zero downtime.
Faster: DNS are connected well at intersections of internet. Any cast technology enables requests are answered to the next closest node in the case of maintenance or downtime.
Smarter: Automatic corrections of types.
Question: What Is The Ttl (time To Live)? Why Is It Required?
TTL is a value in data packet of Internet Protocol. It communicates to the network router whether or not the packet should be in the network for too long or discarded. Usually, data packets might not be transmitted to their intended destination within a stipulated period of time. The TTL value is set by a system default value which is an 8-bit binary digit field in the header of the packet. The purpose of TTL is, it would specify certain time limit in seconds, for transmitting the packet header. When the time is exhausted, the packet would be discarded. Each router receives the subtracts count, when the packet is discarded, and when it becomes zero, the router detects the discarded packets and sends a message, Internet Control Message Protocol message back to the originating host.
Question: What Is The Use Of Igmp Protocol?
Internet Group Management Protocol: It allows internet hosts to participate in multicasting. The IGMP messages are used to learn which hosts is part of which multicast groups. The mechanism also allow a host to inform its local router, that it wants to receive messages.
Question: What Languages Does Blackberry App World Support?
The BlackBerry App World client supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. Additional languages will be added in future releases.
Question: Which Os Versions Does Blackberry App World Support?
BlackBerry App World works with BlackBerry smartphones running OS version 4.5.0 or higher.
Question: Who Can Submit Applications Through The Blackberry App World Vendor Portal?
Most developers from around the world can submit applications for BlackBerry App World.