If you’re preparing for AutoCAD job interview and whether you’re experienced or fresher & don’t know what kind of questions will be asked in AutoCAD interview, then go through the below 70+ Top AutoCAD Interview Questions and Answers to crack your job interview.
AutoCAD Interview Questions and Answers
Question: Why Autocad Software Is Used?
- The shape and design of the products that is required to be created is offered by AutoCAD software.
- This software offers features that are user friendly and very flexible with some specific tools to develop applications and the workflow is documented.
- Aggregating and importing models is involved in it and most commonly permits to develop design without making any changes in the original model.
- It offer some specific tools to present formats by designing layouts in detail and views can be used in drawings automatically.
- Also, it has some specifications to develop detail design layouts and automatically views are drawn by making use of original model.
Question: A House Measures 15000 Mm X 8000 Mm In Plan View. When Drawing The Plan View Only Which One Sets Of Limits Would Be Best To Use?
Question: Autocad Has Had The Dreaded Model Space And Paper Space Since R12. What Is The Main Advantage Of The System?
it converts 2D drawings to 3D
Question: Causes Attributes To Be Set To Their Defaults?
Question: Describe Procedure To Create User Interface?
- Command prompts are used to sketch dialog boxes and plots to create user interface.
- The dialog boxes display is seen by making use of some external commands or PLOT command.
- Set CMDDIA to 1 takes place that allows dialog boxes to run command and enter use spaces.
- The creation of user interface needs the command line to show complete file so that it can be edited or customized very easily.
Question: Give Autocad Uses?
- AutoCAD software is responsible for designing and drawing the documents and applications with simple customization options.
- A platform is offered by AutoCAD for professionals to generate attractive designs and some 3D models.
- It permits conceptual designs and qualified technical drawings formation that is effectively used for logical representations.
- It permits drafter to offer designing and finishing by connecting to online information.
- It offers operational experts or suppliers to evaluate drawings and change it according to the necessity.
Question: Give Features Involved In Autocad Ws?
- A platform that offers Mobile Apps to be developed by giving some options to view, share and edit is AutoCAD
- Applications can be easily shared by user when they go on fly and the applications can be developed in less time.
- Application are downloaded and installed from different places that need license for all the applications developed for mobiles.
- Files can be saved by the user according to their desire and that application can be run on any different platform.
- The application based on AutoCAD offer best way to let information shared by the user on cloud and use technology to improve features.
Question: Give The Variants Usage In Autocad?
- Multiple variants are used by AutoCAD that include releases offering abilities to create an application.
- The 3D ability offered by AutoCAD provides few rises to the application releases.
- Variations are increased by variants that are in the application or the package used in specific program.
- AutoCAD offers variants that help in formation, visualizing and depicting 3D models that offer even 3D printing.
- Variants offer best method to make use of various functionalities of function and evaluate it according to the requirements.
Question: How Many Entity Colours Does Autocad Support?
Question: If The System Variable Mirrtext Is Set To 1, Text Is?
Question: In Order For The Grid Command To Work Correctly Two Settings Have To Be Established?
Gridmode and osmode both set to 1
Question: One Effect Of Setting The Value Of Mirrtext=0 Is That?
text is displayed but not mirrored
Question: The “select Object” Option “previous” Is Best Described By
Picks the previously picked group of objects
Question: The Command To Scale A Paper Space Viewport To Half The Drawn Size Is?
Question: The Effect Of Freezing A Layer Is To?
make it invisible and prevent regeneration
Question: The Effect Of Qtext Being On Is To?
speed up drawing regeneration by replacing text with rectangles
Question: The Effect Of The Explode Command When Applied To A Block Is To?
reduce a block to it’s constituent entities to allow editing
Question: The Maximum Number Of Commands Whose Effect Can Be Undone By The Undo Command Is?
all commands issued since the drawing was last loaded into the drawing editor
Question: The Setvar Command Is Used To?
change the values of the system variables
Question: The Shortcuts Or Command Alias That Allows Us To Key In L And Autocad Responds With Line Are Stored In A File Named
Question: The Special Character String That Causes Text To Be Underlined Is?
Question: The Special Character String That Is Used To Print The Diameter Sign Is?
Question: To Continue Drawing A Line From The Last Known Point, Enter
Question: What Are The Differences Present In The Software’s Features?
The difference in the software’s features is shown as:
- 3D Capabilities: this is a way through which AutoCAD can view the overall progress of creation, visualization and rendering of the 3D objects.
- Network Licensing: is being provided by the AutoCAD to be used for the multiple machines over the network.
- Customization: is another feature of AutoCAD that doesn’t support LISP, ARX, and VBA for the customization part.
- Management and automation capabilities: is being provided with the management and automate the whole process of creation.
Question: What Are The Different Ports Used In Different Os?
- AutoCAD doesn’t have major improvements and some changes can be made to improve the capabilities of it.
- It requires the improvements to be made on the ports so to provide the easy accessibility to the applications and devices.
- The changes have been made to suit the environment and it included:
- Canvas control: this is being done in an increased manner and it controls the area that is being defined by the canvas.
- Associated arrays: this provides the arrays that are being associated with other arrays or other parts.
- 3D model manipulation: that is being done by the tools used in the operating systems and allows easy portability of the application.
Question: What Are The Features Being Corrected By Autocad?
- AutoCAD identifies the problem and correct it by removing the corruption with the drawing parts.
- It involves adding of the vertices to the poly-lines with a provision to add additional vertices.
- The poly-line provides only the provision of using one vertex and the vertex can be added on run.
- The corruption can be neglected or corrected by finding out the exact location of the poly-line that has zero vertices.
- The objects can be deleted after there is no use of it or can be removed if there is no use of them in the system.
Question: What Are The Features Involved With The Auto Cad Ws?
- AutoCAD is a platform that provides Mobile Apps (iOS) to be created by providing certain options for view, edit and share.
- The user can easily share the applications wherever they go on fly and it makes creating application less time consuming.
- The applications can be downloaded and installed from many other places that require licensing for the mobile applications.
- The users can save the file in whichever way they want and the application can run on any platform.
- AutoCAD applications provide a way to let the user share information on cloud and use the technology to enhance more features.
Question: What Are The File Formats Used In Design?
- There is a use of native format like .dwg for the AutoCAD and it provides an interchangeable format.
- The file format that is interchangeable has the extension as DXF and it provides the data operability.
- AutoCAD includes the .dwg format and provide the support as well. It provides a way to use the files that are active.
- It provides a way to estimate the total number of active .dwg files that can be made in collaboration with other files.
- It provides languages that can be used and the localization part of the software can be modified to meet the requirements.
Question: What Are The Steps Involved In Copying A Closed Drawing?
- The copying of the closed drawing takes place from the toolbar provide in the design center of the AutoCAD.
- Design center allows the modification of the drawing to be done using the graphical interface.
- Open drawings are given to display the content and copy the closed drawings easily by using the Tree View option.
- The drawing is involved with the drawing elements that can be copied with the defined objects that have the similar type.
- Dim style gets copied from one to another and it provides a drag and drop feature that gets opened into an open document.
Question: What Are The Steps Involved In Setting Up The Default Drawing Directory?
- Default drawing directory is the one that involves sub directories containing the information using the windows commands.
- AutoCAD uses the navigation paths to travel the directories and it adds a shortcut for the directories that doesn’t have a shortcut.
- The application can be highlighted that needs to be built in and then drag and drop features are used to place the application.
- The properties of the application are selected from the menu and dialog boxes used to display it on the front.
- AutoCAD uses the directory system to use the commands like OPEN that allows the selection of the files and create the shortcut in default directories.
Question: What Are The Steps Need To Be Taken To Replace The Buttons On Toolbars With Smiley?
- AutoCAD have the place for button icons in the toolbar and tool boxes that it gets replaced with the smiley.
- AutoCAD provides the buttons for the template files that can be edited after customizing the toolbars.
- The changes are being provided by the template files that can cause the menu resources and allow the creation of files according to the requirements.
- To use smiley instead of buttons following steps are required and needed:
- Open the AutoCAD menu and edit the button file using the bitmap file that is saved in the support path.
- Move or copy the icon files that are used for different menus toolbars and open it according to the menus chosen.
- The button properties can be seen and an editor dialog box will be given according to the save as button.
- The directory is specified with the supported path and the Apply button properties are also being given for the AutoCAD properties.
Question: What Are The Steps To Enable The Drag And Drop Feature In Autocad?
- AutoCAD provides a way to drag and drop the elements by the use of noun and verb that allows the object to move from one place to another.
- AutoCAD provides an option to rotate or erase the selected object and allows the action to be taken on the application.
- The editing functions like MOVE and ERASE can be used to provide the erasing of the objects and noun/verb.
- Open the system option dialog box and choose from there Noun/Verb and turn it on from the menu bar.
- The selection tab can be selected by using the noun/verb selection of the options with the mouse clicks and opening of the menus.
Question: What Are The Uses Of Auto Cad?
- AutoCAD software is used to draw and design the documents and the applications with easy customization options.
- AutoCAD provides a platform to be used by professionals to create the designs and 3D models.
- It allows the creation of the professional technical drawings and conceptual designs used for representation of the logics.
- It allows the drafter to provide the finishing touches and designing with the detailing and linking to the online data.
- It provides suppliers or operational professionals to review the drawings and modify it according to the requirements.
Question: What File Formats Are Used In Design?
- There is native format use such as .dwg for AutoCAD and it offers format that can be exchanged.
- The format of file that can be exchanged has DXF extension and it offers data operability.
- dwg format is included in AutoCAD and give the support. It gives a method to use active files.
- It gives a way to approximate total file having extension .dwg that is created in association with other files.
- It offers languages that are used and software localization part can be changed to meet the needs.
Question: What Is The Function Of Vertical Integration?
- AutoCAD uses the vertical integration program to enhance the architectural designing of 3D objects.
- The 3D objects can include walls and other things that are associated with the data having intelligence and association with the simple objects like lines and circles.
- The data is programmed such that it represents only the architectural products and the extracted files.
- The information for the data and the actions on the like modifies and creates the relationship of an object.
- It consists of the tools that allow the estimation and other objects related representation in the 2D drawings.
- The elevations and sections used as a 3D architectural model specifies the standard calculations used in creating applications.
Question: What Is The Main Purpose Of Auto Cad?
- AutoCAD is used to create the computer aided designs or software applications including drafting.
- AutoCAD develops the application in both the 2D and 3D formats and provide the information to the application.
- AutoCAD provides tools to design the softwares used in the industry, architects and project management.
- It provides an easy way to design the software with the designs and architect it according to the need.
Question: What Is The Main Reason For Using Autocad?
- Mainly, AutoCAD is responsible for developing designs that are computer aided or some software application that contain drafting.
- Application can be developed in 2D and 3D formats using AutoCAD and offer information to application.
- Some specific tools are offered by AutoCAD to develop software used in the market, project management and architectures.
- It offers best way to develop software with designs and build it according to the requirement.
Question: What Is The Procedure To Copy The Dimension Styles From One Drawing To Another?
- Copying the dimension of styles from one drawing to another requires setting up the particular dimension style.
- Setting up the dimension style also requires the use of documents and creation of the styles while using the blank document.
- The document is saved by using the document as a Drawing template and then new references gets created by the template document.
- Templates define the system variables that can be consistent across all the platforms and provides the drawings like layer styles, units and blocks.
- It can be copied by copying the styles on single case basis and the drawings can be done by seeing the current drawing.
- Using of the design center makes it easy for the AutoCAD tools to allow the browsing and copying of the styles and other drawings activities.
Question: What Is The Procedure To Create User Interface?
- The user interface can be created by using the command prompts to draw the plots and dialog boxes.
- The displaying of the dialog boxes can be seen by the use of PLOT command and the external database (ASE) commands.
- Setting of CMDDIA to 1 takes place that enables the dialog boxes to run the command and enter the spaces of use.
- The user interface creation also requires the command line to display the entire file so that it can be easily customized or edited.
Question: What Is The Procedure To Draw A Line More Than One Time And Save It Automatically?
- AutoCAD allows the file to be written in multiple instances of the processes and it limit the resources that needs to be used as well.
- When a new line needs to be drawn the process opens up another file in a new session to write the file.
- AutoCAD allows saving multiple drawings to be saved for each session and it can be used to create the application.
- The files are saved by using the file extension as .dwg and it can be modified using the browser.
- The file extension needs to be hidden and it needs to show allowing the selection of the option as well.
- The file modification takes place by checking the AutoCAD operations and opening up of the drawing.
Question: What Is The Procedure To Remove The Empty Layers?
- The empty layers can be removed from the drawing by using the all objects residing at once place.
- The references of the layers are also removed so that it appears to be empty and can easily be created.
- If the layer is empty then the PURGE will not be able to remove the layers from the drawing.
- The layer can be made frozen on the viewport that is visible to the object and provide the definition of the object too.
- The removing of the layer is possible due to the drawing that can be made using the EXPORT command and the result can be created in the DXF file.
Question: What Is The Purpose Of Auto Cad Software?
- AutoCAD software provides the design and the shape for the products that needs to be created.
- It provides flexible and user friendly features with the tools to design the applications and document the workflows.
- This involves aggregate and import models for the formats and usually allows the design to get created without any change in source model.
- It provides tools to provide the formats by detailed designing the layouts and drawings using the views automatically.
- It also has the provision to create detailed design layouts and views can be drawn automatically using the source model.
Question: What Is The Use Of Variants In Auto Cad?
- AutoCAD uses lots of variants including the releases that provide capabilities to build an application.
- The 3D capability that is being provided by the AutoCAD gives fewer rises to the releases of the applications.
- Variants are used to increase the variations present in the application or the package used in particular program.
- AutoCAD provides variants that help in creation, visualization and rendering of the 3D models that provide the 3D printing as well.
- Variants provide a way to use different functionalities of the function in the application and execute it according to the needs.
Question: What Is The Way To Hide The Specific Layers When Plotting?
- The prevent layers used using the plotters for plotting provides the layer manager that allow easy options to customize the application.
- The layers used in layer manager have specific options like:
- Turning off the layers
- Freezing the layers
- Turning off the layers for plotting
- Layers used in the plotting remain visible on the screen and doesn’t provide the output to the printer.
- Individual layers can also be set up in specific viewports that allows drawing of the layers that contains the systems applications and options.
- It uses the viewport concept that allows the different layers to be frozen on the view port and this way it can be hidden from other layers.
Question: When Designing An Integrated Circuit Measuring 5 Mm X 5mm The Measurements Should Be Entered Using A Scale Of
Question: When Is A Space Not Interpreted As The Enter Key?
The space is always an alternative to the enter key.
Question: When Producing A Drawing Of A Site Plan Measuring 300m X 275m Dimensions Should Be Entered To A Scale Of?
Question: When Using Autocad For The Design Of A Mechanical Component Measuring 1000 Mm By 500 Mm, The Dimensions Would Normally Be Entered At A Scale Of?
1:10 in A4 size drawing
Question: Which Is An Autocad Font For Mathematical Symbols?
Question: Which Commands Will Not Place Some Form Of Text Within The Drawing?
Question: Which Key Combinations Issues The Isoplane Command?
CONTROL and E or F5
Question: Which One Commands Can Be Used To Turn The Grid Through 45 Degrees ?
Question: Which One Is An Autocad Relative Polar Coordinate?
Question: Which One Key Combinations Will Toggle Coords?
Either F6 or CONTROL and D
Question: Which One Best Defines A “prototype” Or “template” Drawing?
a means of setting the initial drawing environment for new drawings
Question: Which One Best Describes A “user Coordinate System”?
the pair of coordinate points which define the lower left and upper right corners of the drawing boundary
Question: Which One Commands Allows Simultaneous Pan And Zoom?
Question: Which One Commands Can Be Used To Change The Value Of A System Variable?
Question: Which One Commands Forces Autocad To Revise The Entire Drawing Taking Into Account The Effect Of Changes Within The System?
Question: Which One Is A Correct Statement Regarding Autocad Blocks?
Blocks can only be inserted into a drawing if they already exist in that drawing.
Question: Which One Is The Autocad Filename Extension Used To Indicate A Compiled Text Font?
Question: Which One Is The Maximum Number Of Layers Which Can Be Defined In An Autocad Drawing?
Question: Which One Key Combinations Will Toggle Snap?
Either F9 or CONTROL and B
Question: Which One Options Of The Undo Command Allows The Undo Facility To Be Disabled?
Question: Which One Would Be An Autocad Drawing File?
Question: Which Shapes Cannot Be Drawn By The Polygon Command?
Question: Which Statements Is True For Autocad?
ZOOM ALL makes all objects visible irrespective of the layer visibility state.
Question: Which Statements Is True?
When a drawing is saved, a DWG file is created and an existing DWG file of the existing name and location is renamed with the extension .bak. A backup file is one save older than the drawing file of the same name. To ensure that your BAK files are the same as the DWG file, always save twice.
Question: Which System Variables Controls The Accuracy Of Approximation Of A Spline Curve?