Question: What Are The Types Of Sequencing?
There are 2 types of sequencing:
- MNT Sequencing
- VFS Sequencing
Question: Can All Types Of Services Be Sequenced?
NO, Services that need to start during the boot process cannot be sequenced.
Question: Can Host Files Be Sequenced?
Sequencing a host file is not a best practice.
Question: Can Network Shortcut Applications Be Sequenced?
Question: Define The Normal Upgrade Process?
Open the sprj file with open for upgrade option with the sequencer. Do the modifications and increment the release version and do save as.
Question: How To Do Dsc?
- Manually editing the OSD file
- Using Microsoft DSU Tool
Question: How To Manage Exclusion List?
By adding the exclusion list in default.sprj
Question: Limitations Of App V?
- Device Drivers
- Services: Not all the services can be virtualized
- Application size: Cannot Sequence the application size greater than the Client cache size.
- Hard Coded Paths
- COM objects: Some application with COM objects might not work properly.
- Shortcuts: Application should have at least one shortcut.
Question: What Are The Protocols Supported For Streaming?
Question: What Are The Types Of Script In Osd?
- HREF: HREF allows you to reference an external script or exe file. Note that you DO NOT end the line with an explicit backslash-n; however, backslashes need to be doubled.
- SCRIPT BODY: SCRIPT BODY allows you to embed a script directly in the OSD file. Note that you must end lines with an explicit backslash-n (except for the last line), and that other backslashes need to be doubled.
Question: What Is Active Upgrade?
The process of upgrading the current version while the current version is still in use.
Create the update package for the current version using the Sequencer and copy the updated package in the Content Share, the package will get updated when the application is launched or the App V Client is refreshed depending on the prototype you used for streaming.
Question: What Is App-v Sequencing?
The process of creating a virtualized package using App-V sequencer is known as App-V sequencing. The Microsoft Application Virtualization (or App-V) Sequencer is a component of the App-V suite used to package your applications to be deployed to systems using the App-V client. Properly sequencing applications is the key to a successful App-V implementation.
Question: What Is Dsc?
DSC is Dynamic Suite Composition, is the feature provides the ability to have a new layer of interoperability, virtualized applications dependencies, where one App-V package depends on and interacts with another App-V package.
Question: What Is Mnt Sequencing?
The “MNT” portion indicates that when the application was installed during the monitoring phase of Sequencing it was installed to the drive letter used as the client’s mount point. This type of sequencing method is termed as MNT sequencing.
Question: What Is System Guard?
System Guard tracks and analyses configuration repositories and resources used by the application and intercept the use of these resources, redirecting them to the virtualized instances of the resources.
The Microsoft Soft Grid Application Virtualization (App-V) Platform‘s heart is System Guard, a patented technology which enables applications to run without installing them locally—and without altering the client‘s operating system.
System Guard eliminates common application deployment and management problems:
- Application Conflicts: Almost any application will run on any client at any time.
- Version Incompatibilities: Different versions of the same application will run simultaneously on the same computer.
- Multi-User Access: Applications that were previously unable to run in multi-user mode and therefore could not run within Citrix. MetaFrame or Windows Terminal Services will now do so and function correctly for multiple users.
- Multi-Tenancy Issues: Instances of the same application using different database paths will run on the same computer at the same time.
- Server Siloing and N-Way Regression Testing: The need for many separate server farms and time-intensive regression testing for application conflicts is eliminated.
Question: What Is The Difference Between Mnt And Vfs Sequencing?
If the application is installed to the Mount Drive (the Drive assigned for App V applications) at the time of installation in the process of sequencing (installation monitoring) is called MNT Sequencing.
Some of the application does not give the chance to change the installation path other than the C: drive, for those applications the App V Sequencer monitors the installation and records the changes done to the system drive and creates the parse file system in the Virtual Environment called VFS (Virtual File System) Sequencing.
For Ex: In 4.x Sequencer, during sequencing the files under C:Program FilesTest is created at SFT_MNTVFSCSIDL_PROGRAM_FILESTest, where SFT_MNT is the Mount Drive.
Question: What Is The Difference Between Update And Active Upgrade?
Update is similar to patching where as active upgrade is upgrading an already prepared package to a new compatible version (Eg: Uploading the packages which are developed with 4.2 version of soft grid to 4.5 version of soft grid).
Question: What Is The Difference Of Suite And Dynamic Suite?
Suite is a whole package block where as dynamic suite is getting the visibility of a pre-req package via dynamic suite composition.
Question: What Is Vfs Sequencing?
The method of allowing an Application to install on C: drive during the monitoring phase of the sequencing is termed as VFS sequence.
Question: Which Applications Cannot Be Sequenced?
Boot time applications, drivers, and certain type of services.
Question: Which Hardware Component Is Updated To Get Better Performance In Sequencing Process?
Question: Why Application Is Launched More Than Once While Sequencing In?
This is to capture all the user profile settings and application configurations perfectly. Some application like Adobe reader needs to launch multiple times to capture all the settings it do.
Application Virtualization Questions and Answers for Interview
Preparing for Application Virtualization job interview and whether you’re experienced or fresher & don’t know what kind of questions will be asked in Application Virtualization interview, then go through the above 50+ Top Application Virtualization Interview Questions and Answers to crack your job interview.